Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, New guy here..

I have a 2005 Imapala 3.8 and looking to get projector headlights, but would like a word from experienced as in the best ones to get..

Also tinting windows, and going to be working on the quad tails here this month also..

O, and dual exhaust conversion, ( single now )

So, I want Halos or something of that nature, and Exhaust ideas..

I live in PA, but want the meanest exhaust I can get, looking for throaty sound..

PLEASE enlighten me with some ideas..

Here is a pic,

Thanks folks, Looking to get this done this week..

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
I got a custom dual exhaust made at a shop locally for $300 total. The best? No, but for $300 there is no better option.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your time Bro,

Sounds great I think.. Just want the dual look and may as well beef it up some..

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Found the perfect sound..

High Flow Cat, y-pipe, No mufflers

Is that even legal in PA?

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
resonator delete
high flow cat
2 3/4 pipe
dual Magnaflow
4 inch tips

Under $400.00
I have the 3400, Would sound better on the 3800 too

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:beer:

Hey Scott, sounds good bud, I like that..

I would imagine that price dont include the y-pipe? Im going to take this set-up you gave me to my dude that will be doing the work.. They bend their own pipe, at least they did 20 years ago, lol.. Dang, time flys.. Im kickin 40 in the a$$ and still worrin about how my ride sounds and looks, stay committed, lol..

One thing I want to mention since im talking about it.. The 3.8 in my Impala is bad-ass.. It doesnt seem like a reg 3.8.. When I get on it, she whins, like whistles, and seems to have a power boost.. I know it sounds odd, just sayin what I hear.. Its not a SS or anything.. Just looks stock to me..

*shruggs

Thanks again Scott..

Reactions: SCOTTYINWV

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Y pipe + res delete + dual magnaflows + 4inch tips = $340
cat = $57
$340 + $57= $397

Reactions: IceMachine

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good stuff Scott, Going to call today and get the scoop on this.. Its the labor that smashes your face..

Thanks again,

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just heard your "inside" video, Im on it like stink on sh*t bro

Love it, cnt wait

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Thanks man, good to hear a positive complament every now and then :eek:k3: labor should be included in the cost, thats why shops charge a little extra on the parts to make their money (or at least the shop I go to does~. The videos really don't do it justice where its on a cell phone. You MUST post a video when you get it installed. Hope all goes well!
-scotty

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Scott, does this call for a U-Bend delete? Im getting ready to call right now, and just making sure I have everything straight..

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
U bend delete is best I'm holding out till I get my overkill tune so I won't need the rear o2 sensor. The roads are too rough to angle my o2 sensor.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok Thanks bud, going to call this morning..

Also, is there anyone that will build the quad tails for me here? Will pay, if not, then i will attempt it myself.. Just have to find a auto customizer that will install.. Need to get the reverse lights done to..

Going to be getting the fog lights to, and going to add a led strip in them like the new 2014 Impala.. Spring project.. Probably will end up doing the Quads too, but we will see..

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Might I suggest doing a fwi (fender well intake) along with the u bend delete and get an overkill pcm tune if your getting into modding your impala everyone ses it really wakes up your car and makes it a lot more fun to drive :eek:k3: you can search the info on fwi and overkill on here. You will see they both have great reviews. The overkill is 220 and a fwi can be built for around 60

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, will check that out for sure..

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, here is what I found out..

Getting done next Thursday,

full conversion, with FlowMasters and Res delete, 3" inch tips

$400

He said a high flow converter would be wastefull if I didnt plan to upgrade the engine..

I said, " 4 inch tips" he said " :yikes:"

Im happy with that price.. He said it will sound meanest in town..

Thanks Scott and Don for your input..

Will post video when complete..

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

Your looking at something like this with flowmaster :eek:k3:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im pretty fired up, cant wait.. this has been 3 years in the making

Now, I have to figure out what set of Halo to go with..

Most likely the chrome ones, and looking to pick up a tail deck light to do the Quad tails.. ( keeping the original just in case problems arise) But looks pretty easy..

Then the fog lights, with the LED strip built in should be fun..

OK fellas, have a great day,

1 - 20 of 104 Posts