Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. New member here in Milwaukee,WI. Picked up a 2016 Impala 2LT in sired red. Sold my beloved 2006 Grand Prix GXP which I had for 6 years. Car was clean and fast but was getting up there in mileage and didn't want to wait any longer. Original plan was to get a 300C SRT8 since its been my "dream" car since my dad bought a new one when I was 16. Anyways went to test drive one with 59K Miles, and was disappointed. Yes, it was fast. But its a 13 year old car and I felt it. So, I made a "smart" decision and decided to get a decent daily driver. My dad works at a chevy dealer so I feel like I got a steal on this certified impala with 50K miles. Anyways, I like it so far. I need noticed drive is a little rough, especially in the cold mornings, but got used to it now. Very comfortable drive overall and spacious. Will be making a trip to Toronto so well see how it is on a longer drive. Done minor mods; window tint, small audio system; LED's. This weekend I plan on doing a buff and wax, will try to post some pics then:laugh

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Welcome to the Impala Forum!!
Yes pics would be awesome, especially of the mods :)

·
Super Moderator
18,443 Posts
Welcome! :beer: Can't wait to see pics!!!:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally able to take some pics. Kinda cloudy day ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick update. Got the 20” wheels installed. Just need my black bow ties...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not sure if you're aware, but it will most definitely ride rougher with those bigger wheels, as there won't be as much sidewall and air to cushion you over any bumps in the road. Whether it's worth it is up to you, but it plays a big part in many of us opting for smaller wheels. Might even be part of the reason why the old cars are more likely to get ruined with tacky 22"+ chromes in the ghetto....the suspensions are softer, haha.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice. How much did them rims run you?
And are those low profile tires ?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Im at about $1000. Paid $200 for the wheels, $300 to get them repainted and $500 for tires. Hoping to sell my 18s for about $500. Don’t know if they’re considered low profile, they’re the stock 20” size 245/40/20.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure if you're aware, but it will most definitely ride rougher with those bigger wheels, as there won't be as much sidewall and air to cushion you over any bumps in the road. Whether it's worth it is up to you, but it plays a big part in many of us opting for smaller wheels. Might even be part of the reason why the old cars are more likely to get ruined with tacky 22"+ chromes in the ghetto....the suspensions are softer, haha.

I was aware it would ride a little rougher. I test drove a LTZ impala before I got them. Honestly though it wasn’t a huge difference. I do feel the rough parts of the street a tad more but not enough to say I regret putting them on. My 18’s were not the smoothest , don’t know if that’s just the way the suspension is or the brand of the tires. Very happy with how it rides overall and how it looks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, that's what's important anyways. As long as you're happy with your ride and it isn't hurting anybody else, haha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts