Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, im Chris and im new... ish. I am 17 and I have had this forum as a myspace friend for a while, hence how I heard about it, and I finally joined today now that I have a bit of free time. Unfortunately, I do NOT own an Impala or a B-Body. However, I do have three things in common with many of you.

1. Let me just say it... I am a HUGE GM fan. Better than Ford, better than Chrysler. I would pick a GM car over these and MOST foreign cars anyday.

2. I also love big sedans. I like the room, and the power. I especially like RWD ones, although I wont say no to a car just because its FWD (my car will explain that one). These are the only foreign vehicles I like too, big sedans. Mercedes, BMW, etc. they are all awesome. Screw Hondas and such.

3. I especially love the 94-96 Impala SS. Hopefully, it will be my next car!

Heres what i do have- a 1995 Oldsmobile Aurora. I love the ride, the features, the Northstar- reliable, good power, decent mileage. 145000 miles and still running strong. I like the Impala more, and for a 96 ss I would trade three Auroras. Anywho, I am a dedicated member of the Aurora Club of North America (ACNA){aurorah.proboards47.com}. I will be on there more often than here, but I will check in occasionally. :biggrin:

I will post a pic of my ride if someone tells me how to ;)

QuestionIf you have ever driven, owned, ridden in, or know anything about the Olds Aurora, tell me what you honestly think about them in general, and comment on mine in particular. Dont forget- I am 17 and only paid $1900 for it.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Hey everyone, im Chris and im new... ish. I am 17 and I have had this forum as a myspace friend for a while, hence how I heard about it, and I finally joined today now that I have a bit of free time. Unfortunately, I do NOT own an Impala or a B-Body. However, I do have three things in common with many of you.

1. Let me just say it... I am a HUGE GM fan. Better than Ford, better than Chrysler. I would pick a GM car over these and MOST foreign cars anyday.

2. I also love big sedans. I like the room, and the power. I especially like RWD ones, although I wont say no to a car just because its FWD (my car will explain that one). These are the only foreign vehicles I like too, big sedans. Mercedes, BMW, etc. they are all awesome. Screw Hondas and such.

3. I especially love the 94-96 Impala SS. Hopefully, it will be my next car!

Heres what i do have- a 1995 Oldsmobile Aurora. I love the ride, the features, the Northstar- reliable, good power, decent mileage. 145000 miles and still running strong. I like the Impala more, and for a 96 ss I would trade three Auroras. Anywho, I am a dedicated member of the Aurora Club of North America (ACNA){aurorah.proboards47.com}. I will be on there more often than here, but I will check in occasionally. :biggrin:

I will post a pic of my ride if someone tells me how to ;)

QuestionIf you have ever driven, owned, ridden in, or know anything about the Olds Aurora, tell me what you honestly think about them in general, and comment on mine in particular. Dont forget- I am 17 and only paid $1900 for it.

Olds Aurora.... you honestly want to know what i think about them, they are junk. most people that i know that have ever owned one had nothing but problems with theirs. Now maybe you just got lucky and have had no problems with yours but give it time. an x of mine bought one when we were still together and had nothing but problems with his, he also had a 95, that he only paid 5,600 for his and it had 86,560 miles on it as well. but he had to replace his fuel rail, his fuel pump, when he did finally sell the car the tranny was stuck in second gear and would not shift out, ended up costing the kid that bought it almost 3,000 to fix it, because not only did it sit so long, but the car was junk.

for being a 95, that car had more options on it then my 94 Lesabre did. but more options is not always a good thing if they dont work properly. for instace who puts the gas door button in the trunk, i mean i know there is one on the dash to the left of the steering wheel but what if that is broken? then you have to open your trunk everytime you put gas in it just to get the door open? to me i dont think they fully thought about this car before they engineered it. they could have done better... not the best car olds ever made.

i will agree with you on the whole liking the northstar thing though, they are a nice engine, but the Aurora's were the guinea pig for the northstar engines. Cadillac did not want to start them out in theirs for fear that something bad might happen to them, then no one would want to buy a Cadillac again. but they had no problems and Cadillac picked them up and started using them.

you might have better luck if u just trade it for the Impala like you said! lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Olds Aurora.... you honestly want to know what i think about them, they are junk. most people that i know that have ever owned one had nothing but problems with theirs. Now maybe you just got lucky and have had no problems with yours but give it time. an x of mine bought one when we were still together and had nothing but problems with his, he also had a 95, that he only paid 5,600 for his and it had 86,560 miles on it as well. but he had to replace his fuel rail, his fuel pump, when he did finally sell the car the tranny was stuck in second gear and would not shift out, ended up costing the kid that bought it almost 3,000 to fix it, because not only did it sit so long, but the car was junk.

for being a 95, that car had more options on it then my 94 Lesabre did. but more options is not always a good thing if they dont work properly. for instace who puts the gas door button in the trunk, i mean i know there is one on the dash to the left of the steering wheel but what if that is broken? then you have to open your trunk everytime you put gas in it just to get the door open? to me i dont think they fully thought about this car before they engineered it. they could have done better... not the best car olds ever made.

i will agree with you on the whole liking the northstar thing though, they are a nice engine, but the Aurora's were the guinea pig for the northstar engines. Cadillac did not want to start them out in theirs for fear that something bad might happen to them, then no one would want to buy a Cadillac again. but they had no problems and Cadillac picked them up and started using them.

you might have better luck if u just trade it for the Impala like you said! lol
When I get the money, I most certainly will get an impala ss. :biggrin:
Now my car isnt perfect. The gas door button in the dash doesnt work (coincidence that you brought it up? lol) among other little things. The engine and trans (4t80) are great, I actually rarely hear about trans problems. I have a friend that helped design it. Most of the problems are electrical/accessories. Hell for less than two grand, I dont care if down the road it is a total hooptie or quits running. As long as it lasts me for another year (and i believe it will). And I can turn around and sell it for $1500 if its still running.

Thanks for the honest opinion though :smile:

·
Banned
91 Posts
When I get the money, I most certainly will get an impala ss. :biggrin:
Now my car isnt perfect. The gas door button in the dash doesnt work (coincidence that you brought it up? lol) among other little things. The engine and trans (4t80) are great, I actually rarely hear about trans problems. I have a friend that helped design it. Most of the problems are electrical/accessories. Hell for less than two grand, I dont care if down the road it is a total hooptie or quits running. As long as it lasts me for another year (and i believe it will). And I can turn around and sell it for $1500 if its still running.

Thanks for the honest opinion though :smile:
lol that makes me laugh that you have the same problem with the gas door, i thought maybe his was the only retarded one....:tongue: its not that i was trying to turn you away from the Aurora i just wanted to help you out a bit that way you had a heads up of what to expect.... and like you said most of their problems were electrical or fuel related but i am glad to see that you are going to buy an SS and get rid of that car... hopefully it lasts you another year.. and good luck with it any more questions just let me know i will be happy to help you out with anything else:wink:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Stacey. i believe the car will last at least another year. anything that would stop it from running is likely easily fixed. i dont often hear the engines just blowing up or trans totally failing. Northstar is good, and the 4t80 tranny is very reliable. anything else is fairly easily fixed, especially considering the FWD v8 setup. and i have help from experts on ACNA along with an OEM factory service manual should i have too much trouble. i could prbably make it last 3 years with a little TLC, although by then it wouldnt be worth squat!

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I have an friend whom owns a 1994 Cadilac DeVille limited edition (it has a rare name for the edition just don't remember it), but it has the NorthStar engine in it. The car is so limited that I have not been able to look up this particular type he has. It is a beautiful car and has been garage kept all of its life. He tried to sell it to me once for 1500 but I turned it down, not that the car value was not worth the money just not worth it to me. I do not like alot of electronic motors in my cars and that one had way to many for for my taste.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts