Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post so I wanted to introduce myself.

I have an '08 Impala LTZ for little over a year now. I like it very much as all 4 of my vehicles are Chevys. I find the forum very intesting reading as I do like to do my own oil changes and some tinkering. I will be reading the posts from time to time.

I have one question I can throw out to the group: Have any of you ever had someone try to break into your Impala by simply pulling off the door handle? Last Sunday night I was traveling on the Interstate and pulled in at one of those service stations that is also a McDonalds to run to the restroom real quick (less than 3-5 minutes) I parked my car off to the side so no one would be beside me and scratch it up. When I came back out someone had pulled up on the passenger side and was still sitting in their car. I clicked my remote and when I went to open the driver side door the handle came loose in my hand. I never had any issue with the handle, never loose or anything. I can find no scratches like if might been pryed or anything. I got it replaced at the Chevy dealer in the town I was headed to. I am wondering if there is a known weakness in the handle that theives may be aware of. Also wondering if this is a common occurance. They did not get in and I am not missing anything but I am now leary of being an easy prey. If they had more time I think they could have tripped the solenoid for access.

Anybody got any ideas or opinions?:smile:

DocHallie

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I have not heard of any issues with the door handles. Could be a fluke that it happened, or some one may have mistaken yours for theirs and they could not figure out why it would not open and lifted the handle to hard and latter it broke on you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i know what happened to ur car sum of the local punks shoved a flathead in ur keyhole until it cant go nemore and just slammd it dwn thats wat happns 2 ur handle wen dey do dat if u look at ur keyhle theres probably a scratch on the bottom

·
Registered
284 Posts
That’s the common method of gaining access to the Dodge rams; find a stolen Ram and more than likely the thieves broke the door handle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts