Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm from N.E. Arkansas, and no I'm not married to my sister.....Daddy is!. :giggle: I have read quit a bit of information on this site and though I would join it. It's my New Years resolution. I own a 1965 Impala w/. 12 to 1 .060" 427 that I run on E85 (Flex Fuel) I have been working on for a few years... I owned the car for 7 years before ever getting to drive it. No engine or transmission....Car was a little rough when I got her.... It' a labor of love. ..I would save a little money and buy parts, this took a while with to teen age daughters, they seen to drain the bank pretty easily......... I really like fabrication, so I made a lot of my own pieces. Disc brake conversion, rear end, roll cage, fuel tank, headers, radius arms, etc........ I see there is a lot of good information on this site.... I'm am currently working on a friends 66' that we have plans for later in the year... We did a 2012 Hot Rod power tour car last year we called her "The Dumplin" (1966 Impala) and did the long haul, around 2900 miles for us. We no issues with the car and it got over 21 MPG...People liked the car enough that we made the the October 2012 Hot Rod.. we thought that was very cool............ we were hoping for 18 mpg so we were very pleased...... Thanks for having me!

the day I got her..

And now.. she's a driver....

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
SUper nice car welcome

·
Super Moderator
10,792 Posts
:welcome:and more pics please.

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Welcome!!! :beer: GORGEOUS! She turned out GORgeous!!! :eek:k3::cool:
And conGRATS on the Hot Rod gig! LOVE the color!!!
21 MPG!?!?!?! :cool::eek:k3::eek:k3::eek:k3:

oh....more pics!!! INSIDE & OUT!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice! I lived in Arkie for a while. Nice folks there. Except for the city gangs of course.

The 1960s Impalas were some nice looking cars. You did an incredible job on that 65.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More pics...

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cool:

PICHERRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....:dizzy:

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Dude that is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:k3::eek:k3::eek:k3:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Definitely been busy

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Howdy Neighbor! I am in the River Valley in Arkansas! there are a few of us here on the forum. Got a member up in Fayetteville too. Gorgeous car. You should post your idle video up on the exhaust thread so that the v6 crowd can hear what an engine sounds like. Welcome to the forum!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Gorgeous car, and excellent work! Welcome!

I gotta ask though, how the hell are you supposed to work on that rear end?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gorgeous car, and excellent work! Welcome!

I gotta ask though, how the hell are you supposed to work on that rear end?
I don't understand your question.....:dunno: It's a 9" Ford rear end... Everything comes out the front.... Which makes it so much easier setting up new gears and such....

Like this.....

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Oh.... ok, that makes sense. Didn't occur to me that it was a ford 9", I thought you welded the cover on lol.

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
:love10:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Amazing, love it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts