Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Today I like to introduce myself. My name is Frank (24 years) and I live in the Netherlands (Europe). It's a long distance away from the United States of America...

Last year (2008) I had passed my study at an Automotive Managing University (IVA Driebergen) in the Netherlands. The study has an unique combination of managerial, commercial, technological, and social skills training.
As a result of this I made a big road trip of three months in the summer of 2008 through the United States of America together with a friend of mine. It was really awesome!! In July, August and September we drove more than 16.135 miles with a Ford F150 (1994)!! We bought this car in Texas. During our trip we saw 26 states: Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and finally Louisiana! Here you can see a picture of the route we drove.

In September we drove the Route 66 from Los Angeles to Chicago (I know, officially it’s the wrong way but you will see the same). When we arrived in Chicago we visit a classic car museum with a lot of beautiful classic cars. At that moment I met the car of my dreams, a completely nuts and bolt restored Chevrolet Impala coupe of 1959. It’s a first time offered car coming from a premier, private, Chevrolet car collection in Arizona. The car has an outstanding color combination and they are factory. The undercarriage is amazing! Primered floors, painted frame and completely detailed. Rust free with even the spot welds visible around the wheel well lips. There is also a completely new interior and chrome and the engine bay with the correct 59 tri power 348 engine is highly detailed. All the mechanics are rebuilt.
When I was back in the Netherlands in October I contacted the museum and bought this car. Last month (February 09) the car arrived in the Netherlands and for now I’m the proud owner of this car.

Here some pictures when the car arrived at the seaport of Amsterdam (4 weeks ago).

Greetings from Europe,

Frank

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Welcome to the community. And what a find with that beauty there. Will you be driving this car much?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Cool car and cool story. That is sure going to be a "head turner" in your neck of the woods! The last time I was in europe I didn't see too many cars that are over 5 meters in length! Or even 4 meters really. Welcome to the "International" Impala Forum.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
welcome to tha forum we all praise the model that started the beloved impala body styless!!!!!!!!:biggrin::eek::cool::rolleyes::wink:

·
Registered
624 Posts
man thats a story they should make a movie about..it would be better than the movies there making now..lol..careful of the wings if ur on the autobaun you may become air born,but really that is a sweet ride,and welcome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts