Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My wife Anita and I have a 1964 SS Coupe that I've been working on for the last two and a half years that warms my heart as a Chevy guy. My daily driver is a silver 2000 Camaro SS, my wife drives a bright red 07 Charger RT w/ sports package and my non daily auto love of my life is a 95 ZR1 (bought new in 95 by Anita for me!).

I fell in love with this Impala when I first saw it even though it was only somewhat drivable (tweaked frame, suspension and alignment problems, stalled once in a 1/2 mile test drive, most lights didn't work, no e-brake subsystem). But it had a 327 (I thought), a 4-speed that was like butter, and a factory tach, and the air, power steering and power brakes meant that this was a well-optioned car. And it was red w/ a clean black interior except for a trashed drivers seat.

It took me about a year and a half to get everything working (frame fixed, added E-brake, repro steering wheel & turn signal that worked, all lamps works, flushed gas tank and replaced sender, new power steering pump & hoses, MSD Ignition, trunk mount battery) and make this a dependable drivable car.

But with no weatherstripping , a leaky, non-functional heater/AC, and drum brakes, this was not a car for winter driving yet.

I got stalled for about a year (job + wife + 2 kids does that), then removed the factory AC and replaced the firewall openings with fabricated metal panels.

I'm now pulling exterior trim and getting psyched up to learn how to do bodywork with the help of my friends.

I have to let this go for now, but let's say that I love driving my Impala around Priuses. I posted a photo in my garage.

I have plenty of questions and photos coming in future posts, but I'll sign off now as ...

EastBayBob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome eastbaybob!

I also own a 1964 Impala SS. Mine however is a non-AC car, but did come with power windows. I ended up with the 283/2bbl powerglide powertrain, but I don't think I could love this car more even if it was a 409. It has power steering and power brakes as well. I was lucky enought to be given (for my 25th birthday) a one-owner unmolested original car. Needs minor cosmetics, but not much else. The odometer show a little over 18,000 miles, which the original owner assured me was correct. Thing even smells new.....:biggrin:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I also own a 1964 Impala SS. Mine however is a non-AC car, but did come with power windows. I ended up with the 283/2bbl powerglide powertrain, but I don't think I could love this car more even if it was a 409. It has power steering and power brakes as well. I was lucky enought to be given (for my 25th birthday) a one-owner unmolested original car. Needs minor cosmetics, but not much else. The odometer show a little over 18,000 miles, which the original owner assured me was correct. Thing even smells new.....:biggrin:
I think I speak for everyone here when I say:

Holy

Shit!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome to the site

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Hello!

My wife Anita and I have a 1964 SS Coupe that I've been working on for the last two and a half years that warms my heart as a Chevy guy. My daily driver is a silver 2000 Camaro SS, my wife drives a bright red 07 Charger RT w/ sports package and my non daily auto love of my life is a 95 ZR1 (bought new in 95 by Anita for me!).

I fell in love with this Impala when I first saw it even though it was only somewhat drivable (tweaked frame, suspension and alignment problems, stalled once in a 1/2 mile test drive, most lights didn't work, no e-brake subsystem). But it had a 327 (I thought), a 4-speed that was like butter, and a factory tach, and the air, power steering and power brakes meant that this was a well-optioned car. And it was red w/ a clean black interior except for a trashed drivers seat.

It took me about a year and a half to get everything working (frame fixed, added E-brake, repro steering wheel & turn signal that worked, all lamps works, flushed gas tank and replaced sender, new power steering pump & hoses, MSD Ignition, trunk mount battery) and make this a dependable drivable car.

But with no weatherstripping , a leaky, non-functional heater/AC, and drum brakes, this was not a car for winter driving yet.

I got stalled for about a year (job + wife + 2 kids does that), then removed the factory AC and replaced the firewall openings with fabricated metal panels.

I'm now pulling exterior trim and getting psyched up to learn how to do bodywork with the help of my friends.

I have to let this go for now, but let's say that I love driving my Impala around Priuses. I posted a photo in my garage.

I have plenty of questions and photos coming in future posts, but I'll sign off now as ...

EastBayBob
Welcome Bob! :beer: I DO want more pics, you know....interior, engine...the norm...:hope::yahoo:

And welcome to you too! :beer: 18k?!?! DANG! So, wheres the PICS?!?! :WTF:

:biggrin::eek:k3:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
You guys are hilarious...

Check the posting date.

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
You guys are hilarious...

Check the posting date.
Dates???? DATES?!?!?! Who the HELL looks at the DATES??!?!?!:biggrin::lol::giggle:

Oy.....:yahoo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts