Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. To introduce myself a bit. I just bought a 2002 impala and dropped my pos Ford Taurus. Anyway a few questions

My fuel gauge is eratic. When I bought the car it was on full. I restarted again and it was on E. So I put 20 dollars into it which it readily accepted but now it flauctuating again. Anyone know what this could be?

Another question is that my front left speaker and rear right speaker don't work. I thought if they were blown that one from the front and one from the back wouldn't be. Could it be a bad fuse?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Eratic fuel gage may be the sending unit contacts are bad, since it is only the fuel gage and not all of the gages, the sending unit is where I would look.

Radio, no it is not a fuse, the radio only has one fuse. It is most likely bad speakers or internal fault with the radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eratic fuel gage may be the sending unit contacts are bad, since it is only the fuel gage and not all of the gages, the sending unit is where I would look.

Radio, no it is not a fuse, the radio only has one fuse. It is most likely bad speakers or internal fault with the radio.

Okay are the sending unit contacts expensive to fix?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Not repairable, must be replaced.

You will need a new sending unit. It is not repairable. You will need to contact your local auto parts house and see what they want for one. Sometimes it is best that if your going into the fuel tank to change the sending unit that you get the complete fuel pump and sending unit. That way you are in the mess of taking the tank out once and not having to to it again say in 6 months when the fuel pump goes bad. To me though the parts cost more now the labor and hassal saved latter is well worth it.

I do mobile automotive repair and these are things that I recommend to my customers to help them get the most out of my time working on their car, though paying me twice is to my advantage, but to me, not worth it to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts