Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the scenic city of the south Chattanooga TN.I actually live in the outskirts in Hixson TN.I work for the Chattanooga TN Police Department.I own a 2002 Impala LS that I bought new and drive daily now has 195k still going strong and recently bought a 2012 Impala LTZ and love it.I have in the garage to look at a 1981 Z28 Camaro which never sees rain.I look forward to sending and recieving lots of Impala tips and info !!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Welcome! I think we have a member or two in chatanooga, but I could be thinking of another forum... I'm sure we have people close though.

Btw, stop in the announcements and feedback section for a law enforcement tag.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Welcome! I think we have a member or two in chatanooga, but I could be thinking of another forum...
You are thinking of your Hello Kitty Lovers forum.

PS. Welcome pwd0502!

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Welcome!!! :beer: We MUST have PICS!!!:wink:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Welcome! This is NOT the Hello Kitty Fanclub., btw. Sorry if I disappoint. :eek:k3:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
welcome pic of all the cars would be good.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Welcome newcomer! Wow an 02 LS single owner! Sweet

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
BEAUTIFUL 'Palas!!!!:eek:k3::cool:

:hope:Now, please....that Camaro!!!:hope:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1981 Z28 One Owner Car

I am the second owner but a good friend bought this new. It has all original interior including floor mats and rear shelf package.I traded a pretty nice Nova for it. We disassembled and painted and relaced weatherstriping about 10 years ago.It has headers and a Comp cam.Big tube exhaust all the to the new factory tailpipes.I just pretty much look at this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome.

Sweet looking rides, :eek:k3: the Z28 reminds me of my younger daze. I love that overall body style. It looks great from every angle. I wish the auto manufacturers would consider all angles when designing a new body style. I believe my '03 LS possess many good views.

Anywho, It would appear that you take very good care of your rides and I was wondering if you have had any major/minor troubles with the LS? I also was wondering about your maintenance routine, whether mechanical or cosmetic? Just curious.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LS Maint

I am a believer in transmission fluid change every 40k.My LS has about 193 K and trans was built at about 75K.No issues after it was built. I change oil at about 4K miles.I have to give my wife credit this car was parked at a large hospital every day almost in a parking garage.It has never had the paint touched or had any body damage.I still have the original floormats covered up.Spare never out.I run Michlien tires and rotate every 7K miles.I got 80 K miles on the last set I removed not long ago.It has never had an alignment and I keep tire pressure at 32 lbs checked regularly. I have every reciept for anything I have replaced in its lifetime.This is probably the best car we had ever previously owned.I alway say if it died today I couldn't complain.

Attachments

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
I dig the Z28, particularly the tires. I've gotten tired of everybody having tires that look like rubber bands, it's nice to see tires with that much sidewall once in a while. The grill and gold bowtie are a nice touch too, now lower it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts