Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums obviously. I have a 1979 Impala I inherited from my dad when he passed away. I've had it for at least four years now and was going to sell it. Even have someone interested in it but I'm sure it's a scam and I'm going to back out of the sell. I'm to afraid I'll loose my car to some idiot who is just going to scrap it.

Okay maybe I'm exaggerating, the fact is I can't sell the car so here I am on a forum talking to you find people hoping maybe I can learn somethings about restoring these cars because it doesn't appear its going to be simple.

1971 Chevrolet Impala

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
10,567 Posts
Welcome , needs a lot of work but not impossible :beer:

·
Super Moderator
18,410 Posts
Welcome! :beer: We'd LOVE moar PICS! :hope::hope:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! :beer: We'd LOVE moar PICS! :hope::hope:
Up above I actually linked to a photo album from photo bucket that were taken not to long ago. I'll probably be getting more eventually, when I start working on the car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm BACK!

Oh my goodness guys has it been ..... well .... :bang:

It's been two years and in the past two years I've almost lost this car twice. It's currently sitting at my dad's family friends house for the next couple months until I can figure out somewhere more permanent for it to go for the next couple years. The man that was storing it for me passed away unexpectedly. Towing it was a massive issue. We moved it to the home we were living at with the "We're not moving until it's moving (and stopping)" until we got a 90 day vacate notice earlier this year because our landlord decided to give up the house without letting us know. :violent1:

Anyway, I'm back. And I'll be here. I'm probably going to dig around the threads and find some to respond to, find a place and post newer pictures because I need help. My dad was my car guy until he passed and now I have his car. Jerry who passed a couple years ago was my other car guy. Due to the PTSD I suffer, I'm slowly forgetting how to do anything car related. Hopefully being here will help that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I'm super bored and got to thinking, wanted to ask opinions. I want to get into collecting and restoring cars. Would it be weird if I created a website for myself and my cars with info on the cars on them? or is that just stupid

·
Registered
328 Posts
1, if your going to start collecting classics, make sure there Chevy, preferably Impala
2, you can make your own thread here on the forum to show off your car/cars and the restoration you do
3, take lots of pics

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1, if your going to start collecting classics, make sure there Chevy, preferably Impala
2, you can make your own thread here on the forum to show off your car/cars and the restoration you do
3, take lots of pics
I found out that the 71 I have right now is Champagne gold and I love that color but my dad's car is going to be restored back to the color that we remember him owning so I've been passively searching for another. Thinking maybe a convertible. Then I need a 1968 Chevy Impala SS to replace the one that he owned that my mother totaled. That one will be red.

After that I haven't decided. Thinking on researching online and going year by year and style by style. I really like the impalas so I'm sure I'll have a few.

·
Super Moderator
18,410 Posts
Glad to see you back! :eek:k3: Now git that camera, and git snappin'!! ;):nerd:lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts