Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited my dads impala. Umm..it will be my daily driver.

174k miles.

Cleaned it and washed it. Took me 4hrs to wash, first with dish soap then i claybar it, then dish soap again and finally i used car soap, then i used a spray on wax. Im amazed the paint looks as nice as it does. The last time the car was washed was when i last washed it in 2013...馃槕..馃槄. Im not 100% happy with how it came out but atleast it appears silver instead of charcoal or dark grey. Needs a proper detailing but will do for now.

Super Moderator
Looks pretty shiny from here....Maybe moar pics?

Registered
Looks good. Clay works so well on almost any hard to remove gunk. But it is exhausting to use. I am trying to stay on top of washing/waxing regularly now so I won't have to clay again any time soon.

Reactions: Ltme09

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah claying a car sucks. So time consuming.
Oh today i did an oil change and i cleaned the tb and got a new air filter.

After

Before

After

Hehe i also cleaned the oil pan and trans pan. 馃槄.. Dkn why but im always cleaning those on my cars.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Im actually surprised at how clean the tb was considering its never been cleaned since new. And its now at 174k. Ive seen much worst before.

Registered
Im actually surprised at how clean the tb was considering its never been cleaned since new. And its now at 174k. Ive seen much worst before.
Yeah claying a car sucks. So time consuming.
Oh today i did an oil change and i cleaned the tb and got a new air filter.
View attachment 163147

After

View attachment 163148

Before
View attachment 163149

After
View attachment 163150
Hehe i also cleaned the oil pan and trans pan. 馃槄.. Dkn why but im always cleaning those on my cars.
Where do I find the TBs, and how do you clean them? Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Where do I find the TBs, and how do you clean them? Thanks
Ita under the plastic cover.

Oh i recommend getting a soft brush. (Tooth brush works). Throttle body spray for throttle body and maf spray for the maf.

Heres a tutorial video i found.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Ita under the plastic cover.

Oh i recommend getting a soft brush. (Tooth brush works). Throttle body spray for throttle body and maf spray for the maf.

Heres a tutorial video i found.
I forgot to add to buy lots of microfiber towels. Makes cleaning much easier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts