Impala Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Impala forums. I recently purchased a 2016 Limited. It's the Ashen Grey Metallic color. Sorry I don't have any pictures to upload but I'm going to wash it first so that paint can shine. I had a Grand Prix that I lost due to the storm- death by lightning so I got this CPO car. I wish I had warranty on my GP since that I wasn't sure how well the trans would keep holding up after 170k. I wanted a 2012 and up because of the LFX and the 6 speed in it, and I got one.

Here's a pic of my old car, just to make this thread not look naked. I had 2 10s, two magnaflow mufflers, resonator and that was about it for performance, best it could make my 3800 sound. I'm going to be putting those 10s and my amp in my Impala and buy a double-din touch screen radio. I'm scratching my head as to why we're able to call with the bluetooth in the car but can't stream media. I bookmarked a thread talking about which adapters to buy to retain onstar and factory chimes and steering wheel controls.

I just have two questions to start out. Can I hook up the factory XM tuner my car has to the new radio and not buy a separate tuner and can I use the factory mic to make calls and not have to use the one that comes with the radio. No Bose system in my Impala, it's an LT. I'm probably going to go to the junkyard and take a spoiler off of another Impala my color.

Thanks, I'll upload pics later this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Welcome to the Impala Forum!
Can’t wait for pics of the 2016!

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,447 Posts
Welcome! :beer: Nice GP! Can't WAIT to see the 'Pala!!! :laugh

No, really..........

I can't wait.....

:devil

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the pics, I need to buy me some more buffing pads!
I got a tint done on it, this week I'm probably going to install my radio.

·
Super Moderator
18,447 Posts
Uhoh....I dont see the pics!! OH NO! WHERE'S MY MEDS!!!!!

Maybe if you got a picture hosting site that can size them. I know a lot of people here use Tap-A-Talk. I think that sizes too....

Now, my meds.....I NEED PICS!!!!:eek::nerd

Attachments

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
There we go!
Awesome pics!

·
Super Moderator
18,447 Posts
Thank GOODness I had my MEDS! :D

Nice 'Pala! I like the color.

Now.....how's the interior? :nerd

·
Registered
635 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Best I can suggest for you to do is reach out to forum member Jtrosky ( jim) as he has done a number of sound system swap overs and actually sells (if he has any left ) pretty much a plug and play system for your vehicle that will do all the things you describe.

See here: http://www.impalaforums.com/audio-video-and-electronics/1339361-rosen-gm1010-gps-application-usage-and-customization-thread.html
I second this... I wasn't ready to do stereo stuff when I first bought my Impala but I saw the Rosen thread and that was it. Like you, I ripped my stuff out of my Grand Prix when I traded it so I had a sub and amp laying around waiting... The Rosen will do everything you want except for use the factory Bluetooth mic. I use the Rosen Bluetooth with the mic built in the stereo and not once have I had anyone complain. The Rosen has RCA hookups and an amp trigger wire on it so you can run aftermarket stuff and be incognito. Get a hold of @jtrosky ASAP as he is "retiring" shortly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yeah I was looking at the Rosen’s but I couldn’t wait any longer and Best Buy had free installations a couple of weeks ago so I went with this Pioneer with CarPlay. CarPlay is decent, I want to use app radio so I can can use Waze again. I installed a usb/aux flush mount adapter in place of my cigarette lighter in the console. If I can find some thick Chevy floor mats or something that’s my next step. And I’m probably going to put a bypass on my Radio or something around that line. I used the PAC adapter to retain my chimes. I’m also going to buy an XM Radio extension cable to run from my module to my radio and the tuner I bought for it. I don’t want to install another antenna that wont be as good as the factory antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Nice Impala Chris. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update: just ran an antenna extension cable from my trunk to a tuner I got off of eBay for aftermarket radios so I could use the factory XM antenna and get my 3 free months service, but now on a first issue, it's loosing traction on small turns, so I'm going to take it to service and see what it is.

·
Registered
635 Posts
For the Chevy floor mats, I bought a set of the thick rubber ones at Walmart. They were reasonably priced and GM licensed. Also picked up a Chevy windshield sun deflector there as well. 99% of the time it is only me in the car so the floor mats are overkill but they look good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts