Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the car just over a month ago from a dealer in Brooklyn, NY that buys directly from the departments around the city. I picked it up with 55,000 miles on it. I've never owned anything this "new" before, let alone any thing that still has a warranty. Also the dealer mentioned something about a recall for the knuckles, as a noob I don't really understand but does it mean it's Chevy's responsibility to pay for the repair? Also can I take it to any Chevy dealership? I've been reading some of your posts and I've been worried about all the tranny issues you guys have been posting. I didn't do a lot of research before purchasing and I hope it doesn't bite me in the butt.

Either way I love the car so far, drives great, the plastic interior and rubber/foam floor mat doesn't bother me. It has a lot more power than my old 2002 Cavalier.

·
Registered
258 Posts
OH SNAP! Brooklyn, NY? haha. Nice Car. I'm surprised it wasn't tinted. If there's a recall for the knuckles its Chevy's responsibility and make sure its not expired...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome ! Nice car :eek:k3:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Welcome looks good

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I'm not sure how the maintenance is on these vehicles but I took the chance. When I went to look at the car I noticed the plastic engine cover was missing. I took it for a spin and the engine sounds great and it shifts super smooth. So I wasn't really worried about it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
There is a recall on the lower control arm, part of the front suspension, that can suddenly fracture which results in changing the handling of the vehicle and could result in a crash. 2008-2012 models affected. I am not sure how you find out if yours is affected. Here is a link to the article,

GM recalls 38,000 Chevrolet Impala police cars

Looks great and its in good shape considering it was a police car. Leave on the police center caps and don't switch them out for full wheel covers/hubcaps. Putting on full wheel covers would ruin the look of the vehicle and it would blend in with all of the other Impala's.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This thread needs Katie, because she'd be all like "welcome to the forums, I'm your Chevrolet customer assistance representative, you have questions me contact dealer near you."

Oh well, welcome to the forums! I am beginning to wonder if 9C1 owners get a little more leeway out there on the roads by patrol; perhaps in failure to realize its a citizen.

Not that I have a 9C1, but I believe a lot of people get the impression I'm an unmarked and I've noticed I'm not exactly being hounded by police even though there's been more than ample chances for them to enforce the laws.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
^ Katie's grammar was a little better than that...

Welcome.

·
Registered
35 Posts
^ Katie's grammar was a little better than that...

Welcome.
Would be so awesome if our next GM customer assistant was a total caveman :giggle::lol:

·
Registered
258 Posts
This thread needs Katie, because she'd be all like "welcome to the forums, I'm your Chevrolet customer assistance representative, you have questions me contact dealer near you."

Oh well, welcome to the forums! I am beginning to wonder if 9C1 owners get a little more leeway out there on the roads by patrol; perhaps in failure to realize its a citizen.

Not that I have a 9C1, but I believe a lot of people get the impression I'm an unmarked and I've noticed I'm not exactly being hounded by police even though there's been more than ample chances for them to enforce the laws.
I know I do, even though I dont have a 9c1. Yesterday I got nods from 2 marked vehicles when I was sitting on a red light. Its probably those 20% tints i got in the front windows now.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Tint them Windows and it'll look great and fool the average unsuspecting motorist...
People seemed to be more cautious around me when I was rolling around on steel wheels with window tint, that changed when I tinted the tails and threw on some 5 spokes, loud exhaust with 4in tips and HIDs though :bang:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought the car just over a month ago from a dealer in Brooklyn, NY that buys directly from the departments around the city. I picked it up with 55,000 miles on it. I've never owned anything this "new" before, let alone any thing that still has a warranty. Also the dealer mentioned something about a recall for the knuckles, as a noob I don't really understand but does it mean it's Chevy's responsibility to pay for the repair? Also can I take it to any Chevy dealership? I've been reading some of your posts and I've been worried about all the tranny issues you guys have been posting. I didn't do a lot of research before purchasing and I hope it doesn't bite me in the butt.

Either way I love the car so far, drives great, the plastic interior and rubber/foam floor mat doesn't bother me. It has a lot more power than my old 2002 Cavalier.

Welcome. Nice ride! I have a 9C3 I purchased from GSA.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts