Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Young Gun
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!, I was wondering what everyone would prefer. would you like to have an old impala or a new impala? Its doesnt matter the cost of the gas... just what you would like the year, engine size, and other stuff out of the factory... Basically your dream Imp!

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts
'66 Caprice, with all options.:eek:k3:

Reactions: Old Bones

·
Registered
285 Posts
Old or New

I would always take older over newer, however I did like my 06 LTZ. I think you need 2. Older and Newer. I guess it just what a person wants from a car. My 65 will never handle like my 06, or get anywhere near the gas mileage. But my 06 will never have the cool factor that my 65 has. Now that's for me. Everyone likes something different. I will say this though. I was cruising down highway 80 from the SF Bay Area with my top down. I see this New Mustang Convertible coming up in the fast lane. I actually like the new Mustangs, well not the last couple of years. When they past me, they were both looking at my car. Enough said.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I would love it if my Impala had been ordered with all the bells and whistles that were available on the 1977 Impala such as the power windows, power door locks, power seat, power sun roof and dual side sport mirrors.

It did come with the optional tinted windows (hard to tell it was tinted in my opinion) and rear window defogger and the AM/FM radio though that was with the single front dash speaker.

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
I already have what I would want :eek:k3:
A nice 59 would be cool though

·
Registered
80 Posts
old school! but like most of them.. my 94 is in between.. not a old school but it's not new

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Second ejbiers! My next impala if I get another will be a 96 SS or an 04 Indy/SS. Sorry but gm is turning me away. Now days in order to get a vehicle assembled in the usa you have to buy an import. Ass backwards if you ask me.

Edit: Older cars are easier to work on obviously as they have no emissions equip but, the luxury, smooth ride, and availability of parts is nice on new vehicles. But, an older vehicle can always be upgraded/updated.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bells and whistles

Hey 77impala, that's cool, and I by no means want to take away from others pleasures. In my newer cars, I have to have power windows and seats. I want every option available on the car except 1. Navigation. Just my opinion, however I believe that it the biggest waste of money, and one of the biggest rippoffs sold to most people. I said, most. Seems 99% of the people drive the same route everyday. Most people don't leave there area at all. People who can you use it are traveling sales, trades people, and many others who don't go to the same place often. I know there is much more to it. You can look up resturaunts, etc. But you don't need GPS/Nav in your car for that. Back to windows and seats. Maybe it's because of when I grew up. I just remember almost every car in the early days having problems with electric windows and seats. I can honestly say I may not have bought my 65 if it had power windows. I would have been a serious issue. Now my truck, Van, and accord all have everything. And my 06 LTZ was maxxed out. I just prefer old school on my older cars

Jeff

·
Classic-tron
324 Posts
i like what i have, but at the same time it has been and still is my 1st car! lol but my dream has always been to take an older car and put all up-to-date EVERYTHING in it, engine, computers, suspension, interiors and just simply everything!

·
Registered
285 Posts
85 caprice

I always liked those Caprices and Impalas. I remember when they came out with that body style, I think it was 77. I wanted one from the first time my girlfriends dad bought one.

Jeff

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Hey 77impala, that's cool, and I by no means want to take away from others pleasures. In my newer cars, I have to have power windows and seats. I want every option available on the car except 1. Navigation. Just my opinion, however I believe that it the biggest waste of money, and one of the biggest rippoffs sold to most people. I said, most. Seems 99% of the people drive the same route everyday. Most people don't leave there area at all. People who can you use it are traveling sales, trades people, and many others who don't go to the same place often. I know there is much more to it. You can look up resturaunts, etc. But you don't need GPS/Nav in your car for that. Back to windows and seats. Maybe it's because of when I grew up. I just remember almost every car in the early days having problems with electric windows and seats. I can honestly say I may not have bought my 65 if it had power windows. I would have been a serious issue. Now my truck, Van, and accord all have everything. And my 06 LTZ was maxxed out. I just prefer old school on my older cars

Jeff
2nd that some nav options cost WAY too much! I am happy with my $120 garmin that I rarely use. But, always nice to have a gps. It saved me once when I was broke down (caliper bolt fell out) and had no phone number stored in my phone for a tow. Of course I could have called someone to look up a number but, a minute or so later I had a list of all tow services near me. A gps is nice to have but, paying an extra $500-1000 for a nav system? No thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nav/GPs

I know some people that I would buy a Nav/GPS system for. My wife ( love her beyone belief for 30yrs ) and my brother. They cannot find their way to the store. They can find their way back and forth to work and most places and they almost never leave their area's like most people. I think it is great for some people and is an absolutely great thing. It's just it's being sold on so many cars and most have absolutely no use for it. Maybe it's just that I can get into my car and drive anywhere in the US and not need a map, for the most part. I may need the last area like the town, but I can pretty much drive anywhere. I was like that in the Army also though. As an E1 for all you military people, I was helping teach mapping, intersection, resection, 8/10/12 digit grid quardanites. I bet the military is much farther and precise now though.

Jeff

·
Registered
80 Posts
i agree. it can be useful. although i don't have it and don't plan on getting it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts