Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have searched, but can't find an answer. 2000 Impala gold edition. I bought a Scosche harness to relocate oem radio to trunk. Wired up Sony radio to harness, and sounds great. But it doesn't turn off when I open the door like the original. It will turn off after about 30 sec and then back on if door is opened. Can turn it on and off manually, but I thought it would work with RAP like the stock with this harness. Do I need to run red power to rap at fuse panel? Not sure why its not working. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Not sure what wires you have going where... But if it was the Relocation harness that includes the RAP then the wiring should be there for it to work just as it did with the OE deck.

One of the things that I see happen is that people connect the ACC and Full time Power for Memory to full power and that isn't the way it was meant to work.

Other then that. If you did buy the right harness, All hooked up right. It maybe that the harness is bad. Maybe when you ran the wiring it became damaged. May want to look over all your wiring and make sure it is connected as intended. Maybe it is a Bad Aftermarket new Head unit. Shouldn't be but stranger things have happened before....

Am I missing something? Gold Edition? Maybe there is something in your car that I don't know about. Seeing I haven't heard of such a car!

James

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will double check wiring. Car has a badge on the trunk lid that says "Gold Edition" and the Impala symbols behind the rear door are gold. Special edition maybe? Im not for sure if that makes any difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts