Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I found this forum via Google:smile: where else:smile:

I like to tell something about myself and my NYPD Caprice.

I live in The Nethelands (Delft) that's a city between Rotterdam and The Haque. Bought my car 5 years ago in Germany. A German friend bought has imported the car to Germany, did some tests with it to get German licenseplates. With that plates I could get a Dutch licenseplate. I had to do it this way because we can't get a licenseplate. Thoose cars had never driven in Holland. And we are a European community with many rules, so many that it is difficult to get things done like getting a licenseplate for a car like this.

I build the car up again with help of friends, eBay, forums, pictures and a bit of help from the NYPD. Yes even after 9-11 I got original doordecals:smile: I've being called by a NYPD detective once, he wanted to know how I got the NYPD patrol car.:tongue: Yes I'm famous in Manhattan:wink:
It much fun to drive this rebuilt NYPD. On the highway I have to drive carefull because many people do some stunts to make a picture from the car.
I've bieng pulled over many time by our Highwaypatrol and the citypolice but never got a ticket. The police is curious about my story and they've never seen a real american policecar with the LT1 engine inside. Sometimes a cop asked me to switch policecars.:eek:

Yes I have much fun with the car. But now I have to sell it because I bought a Crown Vic :eek: (sorry I had to use that word here) and building up the new CV cost me alot of money.
But it's not gone yet and many pictures can be seen on my own site. It's in Dutch but the pictures say's enough.

Take care for your own ride, keep the shiny side up :smile:

Johan
http://www.newyorkpolice.nl

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Hello and welcome to the community. Very nice work on restoring the 9C1.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Very pretty, yoyo... you've done a great job on that car. Best of luck in finding a great new owner!

·
Registered
32 Posts
NYPD real ?

I have some questions about the originality of your "NYPD" ? not to be a D or anything ....but since I have owned 5 of them an been there in person and seen them lined up like little soldiers .....I kind of have an Idea ...plus I have had 100 or so over the past few yrs.

...anyway, only the "HIGHWAY" patrol cars had LT1's ....NY uses a hand held style spotlight .....not the pillar mount ....the "buddy bumpers" on your car are typical for cars I have shipped from the east, but never seen seen them on an actual NY? the side mounding are the wide ones on your car ...the NY's use a style called "caprice" a very small thin black and chrome type ....although during my restoration I chose not to replace them since the cars body came out so nice :) if your trunk sticker is still original (with vin) I would be curious to see it it, I like to be proved wrong, as much as right :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts