Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 16-yr-old son searched for and found a '65 4dr Bel Air sedan....it is what he wanted. I'm a gearhead with plenty of Chevy stuff under my belt, but this is my first B-body and there are some things about it I do not know and we'll need a hand to find parts and pieces to get it all spruced up.

It's a 283/PG with 3 linked 3.08 rear. It's a radio-delete car with aftermarket Sears underdash AC. About the only options the car has are power steering and a RH mirror. It's Mist Blue and was built in St Louis in '65. We have the original order form and some other documents. It has some engine chrome and dual exhaust and that's about it. We will de-chrome the engine as we work to make it a daily-driver. From the looks of things it was always in the Indianapolis area and the odometer is likely correct - 72,000mi. Previous folks put new brakes on it (wheel cylinders, hardware, etc) and the last one put driver's-side ball joints and control bushings on it. We're doing the passenger-side now. I'm also buffing the car to eliminate as much oxidation as I can and get a sheen back on it. We put tires on it too. It does seem to have the original spare as well and it looks to have never been on the road.

Need to pull the trim off around the windows so we can clean all that up and caulk if needed. I haven't pulled window chrome since I was 20 years old (turn 50 this year). 90% of the trim and chrome on this car is perfect and I don't want to screw it up. Little stuff like this will be the bulk of my inquiries. Plan to make a build thread as we work to make this a solid cruiser.

thanks.

·
Registered
461 Posts
My 16-yr-old son searched for and found a '65 4dr Bel Air sedan....it is what he wanted. I'm a gearhead with plenty of Chevy stuff under my belt, but this is my first B-body and there are some things about it I do not know and we'll need a hand to find parts and pieces to get it all spruced up.

It's a 283/PG with 3 linked 3.08 rear. It's a radio-delete car with aftermarket Sears underdash AC. About the only options the car has are power steering and a RH mirror. It's Mist Blue and was built in St Louis in '65. We have the original order form and some other documents. It has some engine chrome and dual exhaust and that's about it. We will de-chrome the engine as we work to make it a daily-driver. From the looks of things it was always in the Indianapolis area and the odometer is likely correct - 72,000mi. Previous folks put new brakes on it (wheel cylinders, hardware, etc) and the last one put driver's-side ball joints and control bushings on it. We're doing the passenger-side now. I'm also buffing the car to eliminate as much oxidation as I can and get a sheen back on it. We put tires on it too. It does seem to have the original spare as well and it looks to have never been on the road.

Need to pull the trim off around the windows so we can clean all that up and caulk if needed. I haven't pulled window chrome since I was 20 years old (turn 50 this year). 90% of the trim and chrome on this car is perfect and I don't want to screw it up. Little stuff like this will be the bulk of my inquiries. Plan to make a build thread as we work to make this a solid cruiser.

thanks.
It's great to hear about your find, Welcome to the forum!

Haven't seen a whole lot of Bel Air guys but no doubt you'll find plenty of assistance here!

·
Registered
461 Posts

thanks.
It's great to hear about your find, Welcome to the forum!

Haven't seen a whole lot of Bel Air guys but no doubt you'll find plenty of assistance here!

For example, (Just in case you haven't noticed it yet) This forum section dedicated to the Bel Air: Chevy Bel Air - Chevy Impala Forums

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
Welcome!!!:beer:

Where's the PICS???:D

Its a must haz....:nerd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts