Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from NY. I am in the market for a Caprice Classic, preferably a '96 LT1 9C1 if possible. If not, I would certainly take a decent civilian owned '96. I have had my eyes on a '93 LS that's for sale near my work. It's pretty decent. A little old lady owned it. It has 85,000 miles on it and it's loaded, they are asking $2500. Body is in very good shape as is the engine. I look forward to your replies and knowledge of the Caprice Classic. I love 'em!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Your aware that a 93 does not have an LT1 right?

A 1993 LS would have a 305 engine with 170HP.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Dang Stew. Beat me to the punch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah. I failed to mention the specs of the '93. Yes, I'm aware of the 305 170 hp. Man, I'm glad I found this site! Thanx guys. I was told that with the '93's you had to watch for problems with rear part of the frame. I do have a garage that will put it up on a lift for me before I decide to buy it or not. Not too sure of my plans yet Stewart. I definitely would like to mod it in some ways, but not sure where to start. Any ideas? If everything with the '93 works out, I may just go and plop down $2000 cash on the guys table and say I'll take it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts