Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The evo is dipped.

I honestly haven't thought about it yet because I've been studying dipping so much lately since it will be my first whole car dip. After that is done I'll look into it. I have 10,000ks as my running lights though, they're a nice bright blueish white.

Attachments

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
I never heard of 10k hids being blue and white. 10ks are know for the blue only. Right now im running 35w 6000k for my fogs its more of a white blue. The cool white. I would recommend them to match your paint/dip

·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
5000k = white
6000k = bluish white
8000k = ice blue
10000k = blue
Anything above 10000k is getting to be in the purple range.

IMO 8000k is the tops, and even that is pushing it. You lose light output as you go up, but the 6000k just aren't quite blue enough for me. I see a fair number of OEM HID headlights that closely resemble the 8000k color, although the majority are closer to 6000k

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well maybe my color perception is off, they are 10ks though

·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
Are they 35w or 55w? If they're 55w, 10000k will look closer to the 8000k temperature. It also depends on the company who makes the bulbs, especially as you get into the higher kelvin ratings

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well I was horribly mistaken. I could have sworn they were 10ks but they're actually 15ks on 35watts. I had forgotten what I ordered :p I checked my amazon order history.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I guess they are. They're Kensun

·
Registered
288 Posts
nice work.. i like how your tails have that matte finish...I am plasti dippin my whole G body that i purchased...I already bought my DYC spray gun and 2 gallons of clear plasti dip...Im going to order the pigments when the time comes to mix my own candy paint color .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Car looks good man, cant wait to get started on mine. I think Im going to do a full exhaust before I start the visual mods. I need to hear her purr

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
ha ha thanks man, but I'm not a man, I'm a chick :) Yea I hear you, I'm dying to convert to dual exhaust and get me some flow master super 44s

·
Registered
10 Posts
My impala is the same color as yours and I have 25% tint on windows and tail lights and just wanna add you should consider tinting the brake light also,

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Could you post more details (in due time) about the dip pigmenting process? They're correct about the hids. The more into the blues you get the more your eyes accually fight the light. Your eyes will be maybe unnoticeably, but more tired. Most OEM bulbs run about 4300k color, to ease the eye strain and make use of usable light. Good hids put out
4300KWarm White (3200 Lumens)
5000KPure White (3050 Lumens)
6000KTinge of Blue (2900 Lumens)
The highest k OEM bulbs go are the "Osram Xenarc 66240 D2S CBI Bulbs" @5k although OEM headlight led low beams are beginning to reach 6500k iirc
This is "usable" light.
There are also legalitys to blue hids.
Some states will pull you over and put a piece of white paper in front of the light source..you can't have blue LEDs on the front of your car..so why blue headlights?
Please understand I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm sure they are cool to look at and look good too. And I'd bet it'd be a show stopper after you dip with that great looking pigment/dip.
I just want to be helpful with this information.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
My impala is the same color as yours and I have 25% tint on windows and tail lights and just wanna add you should consider tinting the brake light also,
The pic of the rear was an older one. I have since tinted the brake light

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Could you post more details (in due time) about the dip pigmenting process? They're correct about the hids. The more into the blues you get the more your eyes accually fight the light. Your eyes will be maybe unnoticeably, but more tired. Most OEM bulbs run about 4300k color, to ease the eye strain and make use of usable light. Good hids put out
4300KWarm White (3200 Lumens)
5000KPure White (3050 Lumens)
6000KTinge of Blue (2900 Lumens)
The highest k OEM bulbs go are the "Osram Xenarc 66240 D2S CBI Bulbs" @5k although OEM headlight led low beams are beginning to reach 6500k iirc
This is "usable" light.
There are also legalitys to blue hids.
Some states will pull you over and put a piece of white paper in front of the light source..you can't have blue LEDs on the front of your car..so why blue headlights?
Please understand I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm sure they are cool to look at and look good too. And I'd bet it'd be a show stopper after you dip with that great looking pigment/dip.
I just want to be helpful with this information.
Honestly I appreciate the advice but I really didn't need all that information, no offense. I have NEVER been pulled over with these and have had them for a couple years now. I also see quite a few cars around with HIDs that are the same color and brightness as mine, some even brighter. I'm not sure what is legal here, guess I should probably find that out, but I have yet to run into any issues.

In regards to the dip process, I have all my supplies but I am just waiting on a good weekend to do it, probably in the next couple of weeks. I will post a new thread on the entire process, pics included.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean 702ltz but as kate14 was saying here in FL (atleast this part) you can pretty much get away with any light setup on your car. I've seen countless people on the streets (especially bruce b downs lol) running 10k and up HIDs in stock halogen housings. I personally wouldn't do it because of the light output, but cops don't seem to care about that kind of stuff here.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That's cool. Yeah all kinds of people here run around with even purple, pink, and green hids I've seen. I just want to spread awareness.:beer:

·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
3000k fogs I get, but 3000k heads? Strange...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Right^
Super bad weather lighting?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts