Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first i want to say this looks like a nice forum .i have a question i have a 95 impala ss and i am trying to put the rear brakes back together i am having a hard time installing the pads in the caliper .i have the clip that i guess holds the pads but i can't figure it out .does anyone have a pic of this part .thanx

·
Banned
351 Posts
ive never worked on a 95 GM brake setup, but on other 1995 cars that Ive done breakjobs on, the pads slip right in to the caliper bracket so they are firmly in place and flush against the rotor, then the caliper slides right over them and you bolt in place...

But again, Ive never worked on GM brakes, so i could just be an ignorant sl*t :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK

ive never worked on a 95 GM brake setup, but on other 1995 cars that Ive done breakjobs on, the pads slip right in to the caliper bracket so they are firmly in place and flush against the rotor, then the caliper slides right over them and you bolt in place...

But again, Ive never worked on GM brakes, so i could just be an ignorant sl*t :icon_thumright:
that's a good start ,can someone confirm

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Hope this helps. Also replace the pin guide bolts, not recommend to reuse the old ones. From the looks of it you will need to put the pads into the caliper mount before putting the caliper back on over the pads.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i have rear disks dont all 95's???

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
mine is a 9c1 cop car and now that i think about it i have seen posts about the converson that shit loooks like a headache love my disks!!!!!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes

Hope this helps. Also replace the pin guide bolts, not recommend to reuse the old ones. From the looks of it you will need to put the pads into the caliper mount before putting the caliper back on over the pads.
so that seems to be an agreement put the pads into the braket then put the calipers over them .only thing there is a clip that looks like an H that came with the calipers how does it relate .does it just hold the pads in place . i just want to say thanx for everyone's input .this forum is quick and it's the bomb

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jsut a tid bit of info incase you didnt no but you do have to push the piston back
so that's the problem i have been having .i went thru 3 sets because the caliper wouldn't open up all the way .what's the trick to get them open all the way .i am using a 1 cardone .

If you are still having issues, let me know and I will give you my shop number and walk you through it.
thanx i will keep that in mind .

·
Banned
351 Posts
Take your time winding the C clamp down making sure that it doesnt slip off the back of the caliper... If its a new caliper theres no way it wont compress, but sometimes old ones wont.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts