Impala Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, thanks for having me.

Seems like my old man always had an Impala in the driveway, starting with a 62 he bought brand new a couple years before I was born. I've had a lot of cars in my years but the 2013 LTZ I just bought is my first Impala. I've always loved the body styling on these cars, so I was pleased to pick this one up on the cheap side. It has 93,000 on it, but after wringing it out on the roads, I'm satisfied it's still got lots of life left in it. I'm picking it up Monday and will post up some pics then.

I have a background in aircraft maintenance and have always worked on my own cars, from a 1970 Chevelle SS396, several Monte Carlos, and some Fords, Toyotas and a Hyundai so maybe I can contribute some as well as learn more about this great looking car.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Post some pics of the car when you get a chance. I just bought my first Impala on Nov. 5th... Silver on black 2014 LTZ Limited. Really like it and looking forward to a lot of years out of it.

Reactions: BobRob

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Welcome. The 8th gen 2012+ Impala and Impala limited are great bargains. You get a lot of car for the money if you are okay without some Frills that have become more common. Our 2014 LTZ limited has been Rock Solid.

Reactions: BobRob

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
:welcome:

Tony is gunna want pics :laugh

·
Registered
588 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Nice looking Ride. I like the impala's in Black and silvers. I would first thing have your Brakes looked over, In my mind there is nothing more important then being able to stop when you need to.

Hope you find many many years of use form your new car.

James

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the Forum, Nice looking Ride. I like the impala's in Black and silvers. I would first thing have your Brakes looked over, In my mind there is nothing more important then being able to stop when you need to.

Hope you find many many years of use form your new car.

James
Funny you mention brakes.

During my test drive, I noted feedback in the pedal and asked to see the dealer sheet. The tech who did the incoming inspection noted the same and suggested replacing the front rotors and noted feathering on the front tires. I asked the dealer to throw in 4 new tires and brakes/rotors all the way around. (It was aligned already and doesn't drift) He said "Would you do a deal today if we did all that?"

I told him I would contingent upon another drive and inspection that found the work satisfactory. So I'm looking at $7700 OTD with new tires and brakes. Saves me the hassle of doing it myself.

So now I'm looking at Crutchfield for a GPS/XM/AM/FM/BT rig.:devil

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
So now I'm looking at Crutchfield for a GPS/XM/AM/FM/BT rig.:devil
First off - welcome to the forum!

Regarding the new headunit, you might want to check out the Rosen 1010 plug-and-play, OEM-look, DVD/Navitgation head-unit. You can get them used on Ebay right now for about $150 for everything you need.

Check out this thread: [ame]http://www.impalaforums.com/showthread.php?t=406298[/ame] and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
18,509 Posts
WELCOME!! :beer: She's a beaut! Now, we need MOAR pics, hmm?? :nerd

Damn, everyones buying up the LTZ's!! Aint gonna be any left for me!! :crying

·
Registered
120 Posts

Regarding the new headunit, you might want to check out the Rosen 1010 plug-and-play, OEM-look, DVD/Navitgation head-unit. You can get them used on Ebay right now for about $150 for everything you need.

Check out this thread: Rosen DS-GM1010-P11 "OEM-look", Plug & Play, DVD/Navigation Head Unit Review - Chevy Impala Forums and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
This will be my first upgrade. I had actually found one yesterday with the bose kit, the ipod cable, & the GPS antenna, all together. This is not the week I was planning to buy it, but I had to place at least SOME bid, and got outbid today. It's a heck of a deal, especially if the guy gets it ALL for $81. I'm just gonna stick with my original plan, and buy them from the links jtrosky left sometime after Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
This will be my first upgrade. I had actually found one yesterday with the bose kit, the ipod cable, & the GPS antenna, all together. This is not the week I was planning to buy it, but I had to place at least SOME bid, and got outbid today. It's a heck of a deal, especially if the guy gets it ALL for $81. I'm just gonna stick with my original plan, and buy them from the links jtrosky left sometime after Christmas.
It's funny - I went to pick up some pizza tonight and was scrolling around the music on my iPod (via the Rosen touch screen) and ended up playing some Fleetwood Mac (which isn't my "normal" music preference), but damn, it sounded *so* good turned up loud on the Rosen with the Pioneer D-Series speakers.... I had a hard time getting out of the car when I got home - didn't want to leave the "sonic bliss". :)

Of all of the mods I've done, I still find that the Rosen is my favorite. For the prices you can get these things for now, it's a complete no-brainer. They may not have all of the features of the newer units (Android Auto, Apply Carplay, voice-activated controls, etc), but damn do they sound good and the navigation system is top-notch. For $150, I don't know how anyone could pass these things up... Get one while you can before the supply dries up!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Check out this thread: Rosen DS-GM1010-P11 "OEM-look", Plug & Play, DVD/Navigation Head Unit Review - Chevy Impala Forums and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks for the info!

Looks like a great option and they are plentiful on eBay.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome to Impala Forums! I'm pretty new myself and have a 13 LTZ! Glad your here with us!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.