Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

have been looking for some time for a project for my 13 yo son and my dad so that my dad could pass his experience on to my son. Long story, but it must skip a generation because I never got the car bug, but my dad has been involved with high performance cars his whole life, and my son really has the bug for cars and how to work on them. We started out looking for a 67-69 Camaro but couldn't touch anything colse to decent to work on. Came across a 67 Impala SS and fell in love with it. Its a sharp car with incredible lines, its all original except for engine and transmission, and it has a 350 with a 350 turbo auto trans. The other reason I like it so much is because it's a LOT of car, and will be perfect for a new driver when he's 16. Anyway, here we are, will be asking questions, advice, and help along the way. Great site, hope to learn as much as the kid as we go.

Thanks

Mark

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
The 67 Impala SS will make a great car. Keeping the current engine and tranny for now while he learns to drive would be more economical than finding and reinstalling the proper engine. Then once he has some experience under his belt then putting in the proper SS engine or even adding an LT1 or better engine would make it really fun to drive.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
welcome to the forum sorry the car bug missed u :eek: but at least your sons into it..... and u found the right car an impala!!!! lol im sure any question u have can / will be answered here and most new drivers do need "alot" of car lol good luck w/ the project and my grandpa was the one that really got me into cars also :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all

Car came with original window sticker, build sheet and protecto plate in warrentee book. Are there any online sites where I can decode the build sheet?

Thanks

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts