Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting all;

Has anyone had the a/c blower motor quit on them? Mine quit on my way to work this morning; i have no blower in any speed. I figure I should start with the fuse; Could anyone guide me to the fuse box? I'm not car repair savvy. THANKS!

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts
Welcome! :beer: Ummm....what kind of car do you have? What year? It could be a few things. If you post in the forum for you cars year, you'd most likely get help faster! Oh, and we must have pics, too!!:eek:k3:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I guess that would help, huh?? My bad.. I have an '08 Impala LT with the dual temp controls. Blower was working before I went into the gas station, and not working when I came out.

I posted in maintenance forum, also.

Thanks for the reply!!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Welcome! Definitely check fuses first, if they are ok check for power at the motor. If you get power at the motor, replace it. If you don't, check for power at the resistor, if you have power there, but not after, replace the resistor.

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts
Yea....those dang resistors!! PIA's.....My caprice had that go. But I didn't just lose all controls, I lost certain fan speed levels. I'd do just what King said...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Believe it or not, I could not find a fuse or relay in either fuse block (in cabin or under hood) and while I was driving to lunch, the dang started blowing again!

Very strange.

But many thanks for the tips, guys!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Sounds like a loose connection then. Pull the plugs and check if they are corroded or loose. Apply Di electric grease and plug it all back up

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
And welcome to the forum

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Welcome, pics needed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts