Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been a lurker for a little while, I finally bought an '08 Impala SS about two weeks ago, so I figured I'd register.

The car I bought is bone stock, black exterior and ebony leather with 31K miles. So far I am very happy with it as it is my daily driver. I will my miss my Mustang a little, (well maybe not so much...) but this car rides and handles nice, has great power even stock and is a 4 door to make it easier on my daughters.

I'm a Hot Rodder as I currently have a few fun cars: 1928 Pontiac (phaeton, hot rod, semi-traditional), 1962 Oldsmobile F85 2 dr. HT, 1966 Buick Skylark convertible, 1988 Harley Sporty. Having decent performance, power windows, leather, AC, and fuel injection (let alone managed) is a little new to me, as is buying a car I didn't have to tow home before I could drive it. Underneath the controls, the mechanicals are the same, the electrical stuff I'll figure out. I do 90% of my own work in that I can't sew (well) or bend exhaust pipes, otherwise I have done it all from welding a frame together to machining my own motors...

Impala's have been in my life for the majority of it as my Dad bought his '62 Impala convertible in 1983-ish, this was the car I learned to drive stick (3 on the tree). I learned a lot from him watching and helping him work on it. I can honestly say his '62 pushed me in the motorhead direction. He still has it, still drives it...

I can probably help a little with the old stuff as I have had several cars and hope to learn a little about the newer ones.

As for mods to my recently acquired 08 SS, I plan maybe a cold air kit, maybe exhaust in time. I will be adding a clear bra and tinted windows in the next few weeks. I would like to get another set of wheels, but we'll see how the budget goes... I really don't plan to push the envelope performance-wise, that's what my other cars are for.

Andy

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a nice garage! Black on black is the best, plus 08, can't beat warranty.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Yeah. I just wish I had black leather.:( but I love my 08. Congratulations, can't wait to see pics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Working in an automotive factory every day, the black interior was the only option! I would ruin the grey or neutral within a few weeks.

Man I love the SS... I am so glad I saved the extra money and took my time to get the SS rather than settling for a LTZ or LT. Though it is not as fast as my '28 or my Harley, but wow, for a daily that has amenities, it can't be beat. I am also glad I didn't get the HHR SS that I was once looking at.

As for my Dad's 62 Impala, I'm glad I got to drive it with the 3 on the tree, it was fun, though not the most efficient. He has since put a close ratio 4 speed, which really woke that car up... It's running an un-molested 327, never been apart as far as we know other than an intake manifold change.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Nice stable - love the Buick too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ Very cool those are the kind of driveways that i slow down for and stare at for a good 5 minutes before the guy honking at me from behind starts annoying me XD
Thanks for the kind words... For the most part, I don't care if (when) people slow down and stare, but people that stop for 5 minutes always make me wonder if they'll be back later at night... There's a fine line between curiosity or appreciation and "shopping". If you stop, get out and introduce yourself, I'll usually show some of what I have.... Otherwise I write down your license plate number and hope I don't see anyone in my garage or driveway at night where I will promptly introduce that person to my friends Smith and Wesson. Unfortunately, this is a sign of the times...

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
I followed a guy to his house one day because I fell in love with his cobra. Pulled up. Got out. And we talked for about 2 hours. He was awesome. let me take pictures and everything.

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Thanks for the kind words... For the most part, I don't care if (when) people slow down and stare, but people that stop for 5 minutes always make me wonder if they'll be back later at night... There's a fine line between curiosity or appreciation and "shopping". If you stop, get out and introduce yourself, I'll usually show some of what I have.... Otherwise I write down your license plate number and hope I don't see anyone in my garage or driveway at night where I will promptly introduce that person to my friends Smith and Wesson. Unfortunately, this is a sign of the times...
:lol: thats a good point but no i do it out of respect and awe for a collection as fine as that! But yea totally understandable and smart.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts