Impala Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my brother bought a project car, we both have a lot of mechanical experience. It is a bit of a basket case, I can try to get some pics up of the car sometime. He has a lot of spare parts with it, some we know don't belong to the car but close.
Car has original stamped serial number matching 396 motor. Seems to be originally a 396 automatic conv, bench seat car with AC. It came with a pair of what we think are '65 SS buckets but also we have the bench seat for it. Body is pretty solid, had already had some floor pans replaced.
Anyways, I am going to attach pics to this thread to see if anyone knows what a few of the mystery parts are, again they may not even go to this car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Part 3, we were thinking on the header (above windshield) someplace for the top latch but not really seeing a spot for them.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Part 5 we think possibly interior garnish molding for a fastback rear window. We do have some other trim we think is fastback couple, not convertible.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Part 6 Kind of a stumper due to the size and curvature, has the same profile as the side trim on the car. Wagon part?

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Part 7 Look like interior lights but not for a convertible, and the carriage bolt with a 90 degree bend possibly for spare tire or jack hold down?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
#1 (sorry took a long time to figure out how to shrink my photos)
We think for inside of quarter panel on a coupe?

Those are the splash shields the go under the headlights between them and the bumper..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Part 5 we think possibly interior garnish molding for a fastback rear window. We do have some other trim we think is fastback couple, not convertible.

Correct, rear window trim for fast back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts