Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I recently purchased a 2005 Impala. It has the 3.4L. It's a great car! It is alot different from my old car(2000 Intrepid 2.7L)

I am a member on dodgeintrepid.net so I know how these forums work. Looks like a cool site! I will look around and see all of your rides!

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Hello and welcome to the community. I like Dodge, I own and drive a Dodge 97 Ram B2500 Van (I do mobile auto repair) but I think you made a better choice in trading the Intrepid for the Impala. I also still enjoy driving my old or as another memeber put it "slightly aged" Impala.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Thank you for the welcome! My Intrepid had that 2.7 engine which was known for sludge. I sold mine at 140k miles.
I used to be there too, 2.7 sludged up aprox 4k after the warranty was up, DCX told me i used the wrong oil & wouldnt cover it (I used Valvoline not MOPAR :mad:). Ended up swapping in a 3.5 w/ some mods and selling it :biggrin:

Welcome!
BTW
Check out ILCGP (Chi-town Grand Prix Guys) They have tons of WBody events ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
wrong oil & wouldnt cover it (I used Valvoline not MOPAR :mad
They could not stop you from using a different oil as long as the oil met the proper API Service Rating. I am sorry that they gave you the run-a-round.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup it was about 4 or 5 hours.

I got a great deal from my company though. it's an 2005 with 77k miles and I got it for $6300.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts