Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined. Been checking this site out for a little bit, decided to join today. I just purchased a '12 LT. I found one of the last ones in the country in Ohio tailored to my request. Had it shipped here to Chicago. I wanted a front bench seat and the spoiler delete. I think these cars look better without the spoiler. Only the SS models look good with the spoiler to me, with those stock SS rims- in silver I might add.

The guys at the dealer laughed at me when I told them I wanted a Grandpa car. Funny thing is, I'm a Ford guy. Last two cars I bought have been Chevy. I bought my wife a '12 Malibu last year. We love it. None of my family or friends can believe I bought a Chevy, let alone two now. The rebates have helped with the decision too. $3500 for the Malibu and $5000 for the Impala. Can't beat that!

The Impala grew on me. Rather quickly. Before I came across an article on the internet I never really paid attention to them. The article was titled something like: "Detroit: The end of the bench seat." It caught my eye and I clicked on it. It mentioned this model Impala will be the last car Detroit offers with a bench seat. I've always liked bench seats. That article paved the way for me buying my new car, and I didn't even know it at the time. Next thing you know I'm building one on Chevy.com with the bench seat, paying attention to them driving around town, etc. Then, I decided I really wanted one. Another Chevy.

I still like the Ford cars, like the Mustang and Fusion, I have an F150. My Dad always had Fords. Well, Chevy or Ford, my opinion is to support Detroit. My Lumes finally died couple days ago. '95 Lumina with 215,000 miles on it. I don't agree with people knocking American cars and favoring Jap cars.

·
Super Moderator
10,792 Posts
Welcome to the forum , we need pics :beer:

Oh and be carefull with the " F" word :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2014 Impala Brings with it End of the Front Bench Seat | TheDetroitBureau.com

“A lot of people prefer bucket seats because they’re sporty, even in models that aren’t sports cars,” GM Director of Design Clay Dean said. “Our customers also appreciate having the center console as a convenient place to store their phone and other personal items.”

-I don't agree with that obviously. I prefer the Impala SS with the bucket.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Welcome need Pics

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Just joined. Been checking this site out for a little bit, decided to join today. I just purchased a '12 LT. I found one of the last ones in the country in Ohio tailored to my request. Had it shipped here to Chicago. I wanted a front bench seat and the spoiler delete. I think these cars look better without the spoiler. Only the SS models look good with the spoiler to me, with those stock SS rims- in silver I might add.

The guys at the dealer laughed at me when I told them I wanted a Grandpa car. Funny thing is, I'm a Ford guy. Last two cars I bought have been Chevy. I bought my wife a '12 Malibu last year. We love it. None of my family or friends can believe I bought a Chevy, let alone two now. The rebates have helped with the decision too. $3500 for the Malibu and $5000 for the Impala. Can't beat that!

The Impala grew on me. Rather quickly. Before I came across an article on the internet I never really paid attention to them. The article was titled something like: "Detroit: The end of the bench seat." It caught my eye and I clicked on it. It mentioned this model Impala will be the last car Detroit offers with a bench seat. I've always liked bench seats. That article paved the way for me buying my new car, and I didn't even know it at the time. Next thing you know I'm building one on Chevy.com with the bench seat, paying attention to them driving around town, etc. Then, I decided I really wanted one. Another Chevy.

I still like the Ford cars, like the Mustang and Fusion, I have an F150. My Dad always had Fords. Well, Chevy or Ford, my opinion is to support Detroit. My Lumes finally died couple days ago. '95 Lumina with 215,000 miles on it. I don't agree with people knocking American cars and favoring Jap cars.

RIPLumes,

Glad to see you joined the forum. Happy to hear you are enjoying Chevrolet!

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Welcome!!! :beer: Now, about said pics.....:hope:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Welcome!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY