·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
welcome need pics before Tony shows up

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Welcome! :beer: piics What color? piics What do you plan to do to it? piics
Exterior? piics Interior? piics Engine? piiiiiics....

Got any pics?:giggle:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Welcome from the tropical south of Washington!

·
Registered
39 Posts
welcome and congrats, afmetic911
King, how tropical is it?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Currently a balmy 36f and threatening rain, does it get any more tropical than that?

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Tint is always a good place to start for any color. Just get high quality black tint. Lol the cheap stuff is or turns purple.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was going to get tint, these are my state laws below. I'm an idiot and I'm not sure what this is saying? What level of tint should I get?

The maximum level of sunscreening material to be applied to any window, except the windshield, shall have a total reflectance of 35% or less, and a light transmittance of 24% or more. RCW 46.37.430

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Reflectance is essentially referring to mirror tint, normal tint doesn't really reflect, so however they measure that 35% is the max, just don't get reflective tint, it's ugly anyway. Light transmission is how dark it is, can't be more than 24%. That doesn't mean you can go get 24% tint, since the windows have a small amount already from the factory. You will need to have them measured as is, probably a 30-35% film will put you there. You can tint the back window, and front and rear side windows, but not the windshield. On the windshield I believe you are allowed to have a 6 inch strip at the top.

Reactions: afmedic911

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks kingnutin, I appreciate the help. I do see so many people driving around in Washington with LIMO tint on the back three windows, I would assume they are risking a citiation from the cops? They probably have better things to do then pull someone over for there tint.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i have 15% all the way around which is illegal where i live, cops tend not to mess with you unless your being stupid... at least around here :giggle:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Currently a balmy 36f and threatening rain, does it get any more tropical than that?
:lol: If you call this tropical i want to know what you call summer.... Its been colder then a polar bears toe nail over here king....

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Summer gets up to 110 depending on the year.

A friend of mine removed his 50% reflective tint because the WSP kept pulling him over, just saying...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm going to try and avoid WSP or any local police. I'll stick with what's legal in my state. So I think I will go with 25-30% all the way around. Anyone have that on there Impalas? Picture would be nice to compare the look. Thank you

1 - 20 of 20 Posts