Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just bought a used 2008 Silver SS. Had to trade my previous vehicle for financial reasons, and this will be the second Chevy I've ever had. It's got just over 19,000 miles on it, and it seems to be pretty solid. I gotta say I'm not used to front wheel drive... that will take some getting used to. But overall I am pretty impressed with it. I hope to learn more about the SS from everyone here, and hopefully, learn to love the car.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Hello and welcome to the community. Enjoy your new car.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Hey everyone, just bought a used 2008 Silver SS. Had to trade my previous vehicle for financial reasons, and this will be the second Chevy I've ever had. It's got just over 19,000 miles on it, and it seems to be pretty solid. I gotta say I'm not used to front wheel drive... that will take some getting used to. But overall I am pretty impressed with it. I hope to learn more about the SS from everyone here, and hopefully, learn to love the car.

They are a good car to get you around. FWD has some advantages depending on where in the country you happen to reside. At least its young and worry free for a while. You also have the added feature of ONSTAR which is very cool and can help a great deal... yes, Chevy got at least one thing right in the last decade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are a good car to get you around. FWD has some advantages depending on where in the country you happen to reside. At least its young and worry free for a while. You also have the added feature of ONSTAR which is very cool and can help a great deal... yes, Chevy got at least one thing right in the last decade.
I've had the car almost a week now, and I must say it's growing on me. I am a diehard Mopar person and came out of a Charger R/T. The Impala feels a tiny bit slower than my Charger was, and of course, is a bit smaller, but roomy enough for me. It feels like a very solid car, especially for having just over 19,000 miles on it... no rattles or squeaks to speak of. Now, I just have to remember... no flooring it from the line... tires are expensive :biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts