Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I've been following to forum for a while but haven't actually posted much at all. I've got a Grey 2007 Impala Lt with 40k on it. I'll be uploading some pictures soon. I de-badged the flexfuel, plastidipped my emblems, as well as the lower grill where fogs would be. Plastidipped oem wheels, as well as the door pillars due to being sun faded. (The car was originally from Las Vegas) I had a flowmaster super 44 muffler on for some time as well as a resonator delete, got sick of the flowmaster and currently have the stock muffler back on. This spring I'm hoping to lower it or possibly get an overkill tune. I've heard positive things about both products but wondering what you guy's think should come first! I really like the look of the lowered impalas, but a more responsive car would be a hell of a lot nicer too!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My only concern with the tune is the relearn process and what-not.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Welcome! Go for the OVERKILL 1st. Magnaflow would be a better exhaust if you got sick of the Flowmaster, It has a more balanced tone with an aggressive rumble. Can't wait for some pics :beer:

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Welcome JB! :beer: Cant WAIT for the PICS!!!:wink:

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
What part of MN do you live? I grew up in **** Rapids/Anoka, but man do I miss all those awesome skateboarding areas (especially compared to South Jersey where I reside now, where there are miles and miles of farmland)

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,792 Posts

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I hesitate to say welcome since you've been here 5 months already, but... Welcome!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcomes guys! I forgot to mention I also have some LED reverse lights, switchback led strips on lower grill, 2 10" Pioneer subs and a 1000 watt amp. And some weathertech floor mats which are nice. I should have some pictures up around 4pm (Currently in school) and I gotta wash the car. We got some freezing rain and snow last night so it's pretty dirty!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are a couple pictures after I got a quick wash in!

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome! What part of MN? I grew up in Marshall. 10" pioneer subs?? 12" Kenwoods instead?? How do you like the ported box? I had one for a while but switched to a sealed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
From the Twin Cities. My mistake they are Kenwoods but 10" I like the box, but my first set of subs so I can't say much about how it compares to others. (My buddy is the one with Pioneer subs.)

·
Registered
114 Posts
OIC I have some 12 kenwoods but I was curious about the box you were using; have you ever used a sealed or have any preference? I have family around there - Big Lake. Nice enough weather and people up there but I see all of that snow :p. None here in TX. Get the Overkill tune btw.

Also add a garage (at the top) for your car and anything else you ever do.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I like my sealed box more than my ported too; I just got rid of it for a sealed but used the same subs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts