Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...I test drove a 2008 Impala LT today with the 3.5L and was impressed. The car rode and drove great...very comfortable. I'm a field rep. driving over 2,000 miles per month and my year old Yaris, while great on gas (38-42 mpg in the summer with an automatic) and dead reliable is a little small for all the time I spend in it.

Anyhoo, the 2008 Impala is a "program" car with 21,000 miles on it. The salesman told me that ABS, traction control and stabilitrak are standard on this car. My research tells me that these were options on the 2008 LT. As I live in extreme northern Michigan (Upper Peninsula) and we get TONS of snow, I need to confirm is this is correct. I can't find ANY references to this car having those as standard equipment. They're asking 13,900 for it which I think is a pretty good price.

Can anyone tell me how to check to see if the car has those features? If it DOESN't have them I may pass as I do a LOT of winter driving and figure I could get by with something that has ABS, Traction Conrol and preferably a stability control system. If it DOESN'T have those features I may have to pass....Thanks in advance...

·
Super Moderator
3,941 Posts
ABS being standard makes a lot of sense. Traction control is often just using the ABS system to monitor individual tire speeds and responsing by pulling timing, so it would cost NOTHING extra to put on a car.

I lived up past Houghton for some time and I have no troubles up there with a RWD car. No amount of equpiment can make up for lack of driver skill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts