·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wat should I do for a new exhaust system? 93 350 9c1

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Throw some muffler on and call it good, the 93 350 isn't exactly high performance, and you should already have dual exhaust. Unless its rusted out, but I would still go stock configuration unless you have big plans for the motor. You can get a pair of flowmasters or magnaflows for pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
997 Posts
93's were still a single exhaust, even the police cars. The 9C1's had a little bigger cam, different tuning, and a bigger exhaust Y pipe, for a few extra ponies vs the Regular car 350 that was rated at 180hp.

Remove the cat, put a performance muffler on it, and call it good.

·
Registered
624 Posts
like mrbuick said, motor is pretty much what it is, no need of the headache of a dual hump x member from a newer impala, and out tailshaft dont fit,to much dicking around and not worth it imo, keep the stock oem converter there no gains by going with a aftermarket cat, been there done that. just cost me a sh#t load of cash trying to get it thru emissions,ended up replacing the cat and she passed, find yourself a good muffler shop and have them make up a cat back system, at lease you'll have the dual exhaust look, flowmaster has a nice rumble to them, magaflows are good to ..ok, now you can call it good :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Throw some muffler on and call it good, the 93 350 isn't exactly high performance, and you should already have dual exhaust. Unless its rusted out, but I would still go stock configuration unless you have big plans for the motor. You can get a pair of flowmasters or magnaflows for pretty reasonable.
Was that a tease?? Lol. 93s didn't come with Lt1s, though I would be 1 happy fellow if I had one lol:eek:k3:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thanks guys, so just a muffler u say? I was thinking on getting some duel pipes instead of just single. Sooo?? Watchu think?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Look at the pic posted closely, it's basically a cat back dual system, it's single exhaust till it passes the crossmember. And sorry about the other comment, I thought the 9c1's got dual exhaust in the earlier years, guess not.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look at the pic posted closely, it's basically a cat back dual system, it's single exhaust till it passes the crossmember. And sorry about the other comment, I thought the 9c1's got dual exhaust in the earlier years, guess not.
No need to be sorry man. But ya I like that, I don't want tru dual. It would be nice but I would wan mine something like waynes91.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I bought an exhaust system from craigslist that took it a step further, haven't put it on yes cause the collectors are wrong. Anyway, it runs dual pipes through the single hump in the crossmember. It's got a single inlet dual outlet cat, effectively making it an x pipe because the cat is right behind where the collectors meet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok time to stack up my change!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts