Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the page 1st so hello everyone! I just got a 64 that im looking to finish by this time next year currently it has an engine in it but im unsure if it runs but more importantly what kind it is. I was recently thinking that I have a 2004 supercharged Monte Carlo that im not driving and I was wondering if I would be able to place the supercharged engine in the 64? is that a crazy idea? I just want to know if its so crzy, it just might work or its not worth my time at all please help. attached is the motor already in the engine bay

·
Registered
2001 Chevy Impala base
17 Posts
I'm not sure what engine that is either I would imagine there would be stamping on the engine block to indicate what motor it is.... as for the supercharged engine out the Monte Carlo... you could do the swap although that's likely to be more work then rebuilding the current motor in the car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So hard to tell from just the pictures but the thin damper says steel crankshaft, definitely not a 305. I'd venture to say 350/2-bolt mains from a 70's model but like a box of underwear you never know what's inside until you open it up.

Sure would look good under the hood of my Gen-7... Need a bigger shoehorn.

·
Registered
2001 Chevy Impala base
17 Posts
So hard to tell from just the pictures but the thin damper says steel crankshaft, definitely not a 305. I'd venture to say 350/2-bolt mains from a 70's model but like a box of underwear you never know what's inside until you open it up.

Sure would look good under the hood of my Gen-7... Need a bigger shoehorn.
I would rather rather do a ls swap to a 7th gen mostly because I want a more modern engine for performance reasons

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm more old school but known to make an exception, my only bitch about the L$ is the price tag for anything performance related.

·
Registered
19 Posts
New to the page 1st so hello everyone! I just got a 64 that im looking to finish by this time next year currently it has an engine in it but im unsure if it runs but more importantly what kind it is. I was recently thinking that I have a 2004 supercharged Monte Carlo that im not driving and I was wondering if I would be able to place the supercharged engine in the 64? is that a crazy idea? I just want to know if its so crzy, it just might work or its not worth my time at all please help. attached is the motor already in the engine bay View attachment 164634 View attachment 164635 View attachment 164636
From the looks of it there are several "not stock" parts on it. I would guess someone put SOME effort in it. I'd suggest you open that "Box of chocolates" to see what you get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts