Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the God-awful green/grey color on this B Body. I am getting all the body work, dents and dings, worked out and getting it repainted but can't decide on what color! A subdued Dark Navy or something wild??? I can't make up my mind. I just had the motor rebuilt, it's got a new trany, courtesy of a GM mistake, new edelbrock headers, new OE Cats, New plugs and wires, opti-spark, waterpump, a new CPM and the interior will be redone as soon as I figure out an exterior color scheme.
I'm a 55 year old public school teacher who's NOT going through a midlife crisis--I've always loved bigger and more cubes. I'd like to subtley blow flashier beasts away....

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would leave it that color as It will be cheaper to repaint and when ir comes to orginal production numbers the 95 DGGM was the lowest that year so it was the rarest. I think they made less 95 DGGM then total amounts for 94. they were all black though. If you are dead set againt the DGGM and if it was my car I would paint it the DCM color with a heavier metalflake.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Black....it also makes it faster.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Finally, someone admits DGGM is ugly. Who in the right mind would drive a green car?:eek:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I never really was a fan of the DGGM myself.. It doesn't really do the car justice IMO. For some reason the 94-96 Impala only looks good to me in black. It gives it that smooth, old school look that always impresses. Add some nice chrome wheels and bam! Instant eye-catcher :biggrin:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
You folks are forgetting the rare color used on a few caprice' Marblehead Metallic grey, I have seen very few "Impala" with this color and its very nice esp. with smoked windows.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ss

well sir like yourself I am currently going to paint my 95SS,, i had it painted this gold pearl color with flakes,,well that was fine and dandy 7 yrs ago,, (not to mention the numerous trophies),, but now as I'm older Im thinking of going back to its original color,,black,(BBB),to me the SS is at its best when in tuxedo!!:biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts