Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of brake and rotor combo (all four wheels) do you recommend from summit/jegs etc? I want to get rid of the wobbly crap stockers on my 2004 LS.

Thanks,
gb

·
Registered
358 Posts
What type of brake and rotor combo (all four wheels) do you recommend from summit/jegs etc? I want to get rid of the wobbly crap stockers on my 2004 LS.

Thanks,
gb
well i bought R1 concepts drilled & slotted premium e-coating rotors,with hawk performance brake pads, because my stock crappy rotors were wobbly. i know ther are many other combo's u can do, like f-body caliper upgrade with new rotors & pads. u just have 2 search the internet. good luck with your brake project.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Hawk pads are very popular on our cars, for rotors either E-TOP or R1

FWIW you can also install LS1 F-Body calipers on our cars (twin piston alum calipers as opposed to our single piston cast)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I found Bendix cross drilled and slotted rotors through my local Advance Auto Parts and Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads at Autozone. I dropped about $350 total for four rotors and new pads front and rear and have been thoroughly happy with the system since. I also flushed the brake system and went with synthetic brake fluid during the pad/rotor install and painted the calipers red. Brakes are real nice and firm and predictable. Brake fade is also a thing of the past. I have never felt any rotor warping or glazing with this setup and I am not exactly easy on the gas or brakes.

Reactions: Teforne
1 - 5 of 5 Posts