Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you guys may throw up or whatever... but this car is really nice...

I see this car at a car meet on Sunday nights.

17" Texan Wire Wheel '84 Orangutangz.
Candy Paint.
Lambo Doors.
Suicide Lambo Doors.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I can appreciate skill just as much as the next guy, and yeah this car took some skill... but REALLY? Mustard and Mayo on purple paint? thats a fail.

From the little I can see, the interior looks nice, as does the paint job.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Mee too - appreciate different looks and others opinions. Those rims are just plain stupid though - renders the car unparkable with curbs.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Kudos for the work, it COULD have been a nice looking car. Just poorly executed.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The quality of work may be impressive, but the work itself is just a disgrace to the nameplate. I'm all for customization, and making a car represent you and your personality, but not when it represents your pants hanging below your knees and wearing fake ass gold chains.....dawg.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Houston thing thts a slab
Oh i know that, I'm just sayin i don't like em, the smallest ones are okay, are those regs or reggies? jbru gave me a swang lesson but i forgot the names haha.

Alfredo, a slab is a style of car in the same way that "lowrider" or "tuner" is a style. They're real common in the south, especially in houston. I'm pretty sure theyre mostly with old big body cars from like the 60s and 70s such as a Continental, Eldorado, Impala, maybe some kind of Buick, whatever. They are known for having bright ass candy colors, usually crazy interiors such as ostrich, vogue white wall wheels wraped on some "swangas" which are rims in which the center hub sticks out a lot. other slab things include pop trunk, a sign on the inside of the trunk lid, crazy door hinges, subs, lighting, fifth wheel on the trunk. listen to a couple bun b songs, he explains it haha. Thats pretty much what i know about slabs. if theres more or if i said anything wrong let me know htx and jbru

:beer: :eek:k3:

·
Registered
246 Posts
S.l.a.b slow loud and bang....a slob is a blood and the rims come frm old school caddies yr 83 thur 84 So comes the name 84s and 83s aka swangz

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those are...

17" Orangutang Swangas.

And they stick out TOO DAMN MUCH.
Those are classless.
But yeah, the interior is sweet, and the paint is nice.
Along with the suicide lambos. I love the door handle relocation.

To each his own.
I would love my Impala to look like this, but candy red.
And on 20" regular Swangas.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Rear doors look useless, unless your one skinny mo&%erF*&%er. Wheel's...NOT. Guess some guy's taste is all in thier mouth.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This isn't the guy's daily driver, or the car he takes his kid's to the park with...
This is his weekend/show car.

To each his own, of course...

I'm sure he'd talk down on some of y'alls "mods" that you've done to your car... just like you're talking down on his.

You don't have to like it, but you could appreciate the well over $20K invested in this car, and all of the work done with it...

The interior is beautiful, with alligator in there. He has a CRAZY amount of door speakers added on with custom fiberglassed door panels, custom consoles made that are full of speakers, and a custom back dash full of speakers.
The back lambo doors are actually usable, believe it or not!... I've seen them with my OWN TWO EYES.

And I've already said that these rims poke out WAY TOO MUCH... but they still look really nice on his Candy Blurple paint job.

This is an Impala forum, so I figured I'd share a custom Impala, like how you share your "custom" Impalas too...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mee too - appreciate different looks and others opinions. Those rims are just plain stupid though - renders the car unparkable with curbs.
You don't park this car anywhere near a curb anyway. Of course, the rims are impractical for daily driving, but this isn't a daily driver. It's a show car... and I haven't seen too many parking curbs at car shows before, but that's just me.

And if you have this parked anywhere, it's usually kept in a GARAGE...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The quality of work may be impressive, but the work itself is just a disgrace to the nameplate. I'm all for customization, and making a car represent you and your personality, but not when it represents your pants hanging below your knees and wearing fake ass gold chains.....dawg.
You'd be happy to know that his pants actually stay at his waste, and he doesn't wear any gold chains. Probably spends all of his money working on this car, and doesn't have much left over for "fake ass gold chains"...

Calm the racism/stereotyping down. It's pretty unnecessary.

I'm white, and get profiled as a "wigger" or whatever for this shit all the time. It's ridiculous. How old are you dude?...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
LOL... you are getting all fired up to defend a car that isnt even yours?! Look, you posted pics on an open forum, expect people to make comments. Its just part of the territory. I think you knew when you posted it that this was not really most people's style, why are you shocked that people have negative comments? "I know some of you guys may throw up or whatever... "

Im pretty sure anyone who said anything negative about this car also mentioned that the hard work and craftsmanship was top notch. Like you said.. "to each his own"... if you dont want to hear negative comments about something, youre better off not posting it up. Its just the nature of the beast.

Oh and FWIW, ANYONE can make their car look like this... all it takes is $$$... $$$ does not correspond with style, class, or skill. Just sayin.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL... you are getting all fired up to defend a car that isnt even yours?! Look, you posted pics on an open forum, expect people to make comments. Its just part of the territory. I think you knew when you posted it that this was not really most people's style, why are you shocked that people have negative comments? "I know some of you guys may throw up or whatever... "

Im pretty sure anyone who said anything negative about this car also mentioned that the hard work and craftsmanship was top notch. Like you said.. "to each his own"... if you dont want to hear negative comments about something, youre better off not posting it up. Its just the nature of the beast.

Oh and FWIW, ANYONE can make their car look like this... all it takes is $$$... $$$ does not correspond with style, class, or skill. Just sayin.

Yeah, you're right. It just bugs me with the people that have nothing done to their car, and they try to talk down. And no, not everyone has said the work was top notch and what not.

And yeah, everyone has their own style... just most of y'all on here are opinionated douchebags.

I just saw another thread about how some people don't want their cars to look like black people drive them or whatever. It just irritates me. EVERYONE ON HERE IS OPINIONATED/BIASED. I keep an open mind to all of the shitty mods I seen done on here by people, and I try to keep the most positive comments for the shitty work people are proud of on here... LOL.

I'm sure you all may not like my Impala, and quite frankly I don't care.
But don't profile it as a "black person" car or whatever like some do on here.

That's the main thing that irritated me... the stereotyping...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts