Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hey to all! Grandpa just give me his lifelong sweet '62. It is a true SS ,2 dr,droptop, 3 on the tree classic. And mainly all original. I'm lookin for some advice on a few things to do to the beauty. Factory 283 wore out, Pa already has 327 rebuilt (almost complete) to put in. What are some fellow classic owners opinion on motor swap. All suggestion welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love to see pictures

Just wanted to say hey to all! Grandpa just give me his lifelong sweet '62. It is a true SS ,2 dr,droptop, 3 on the tree classic. And mainly all original. I'm lookin for some advice on a few things to do to the beauty. Factory 283 wore out, Pa already has 327 rebuilt (almost complete) to put in. What are some fellow classic owners opinion on motor swap. All suggestion welcome. Thanks!

I love this body style - i would love to see pics if you have any

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hand me downs

Sounds like we have similar stories. This 63 I have means more to me because I have so many memories that go along with the car. I grew up idolizing my Grandfather who was an auto mechanic. Taught me how to rebuild a carb at 10, helped me rebuild my 67 Firebird at 16, and told me that someday I would have his SS. I remember being in the middle of the back seat (being the middle grandson) and cracking my head on the speaker grate when Gramps hit the gas. I remember seeing his face in the rear view mirror, he would crack up every time he got me. I remember hiding in the trunk and getting locked in there by my cousin. Just a couple things that come to mind, every time I take her for a spin I have a similar flash.

·
Registered
125 Posts
welcome .... ur very lucky to have such a treasure like that

is ur grandpa the original owner?

i wouldn't heavily modify it as far as the exterior/interior is concerned, but am all for performance upgrades :biggrin:

don't get rid of the original engine/trans, store it somewhere just in case

good luck with the swap

post some pics whenever u get a chance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts