Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2016 LT and so far love it. We got rid of our Focus for something bigger on road trips with the family. Wondering about adding Android Auto to the 8" MyLink system. I saw somewhere the dealers have a software update....anyone have any info on this?
Also living in WNY I will need snow tires and rims....does anyone know what rims from other older cars will fit? Better to get junk yard rims then mess up the nice ones changing tires over. Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just got a 2016 LT and so far love it. We got rid of our Focus for something bigger on road trips with the family. Wondering about adding Android Auto to the 8" MyLink system. I saw somewhere the dealers have a software update....anyone have any info on this?
Also living in WNY I will need snow tires and rims....does anyone know what rims from other older cars will fit? Better to get junk yard rims then mess up the nice ones changing tires over. Thanks!
Early '16 Silverado 8" also did not come with Auto Android installed, updates arrived in April '16 and was installed for free under the warranty - likely same for Impalas. Update takes about 2 hours depending upon dealer's web access and is well worth it, adds free Google Nav with voice capability to non Nav 8" radio screens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got off the phone with the dealer and was told I do not get a free update on my car and would cost around $90.

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
Welcome!! :beer:

Pics!!! :nerd

now.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer ran the vin number by number then said GM wont pay for it but they can install it.

Any advice on cheap winter rims anyone?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Early '16 Silverado 8" also did not come with Auto Android installed, updates arrived in April '16 and was installed for free under the warranty - likely same for Impalas. Update takes about 2 hours depending upon dealer's web access and is well worth it, adds free Google Nav with voice capability to non Nav 8" radio screens.
Do you think this is some i can add (pay for) to my 15 Silverado?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts