Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently me and my wife just purchased a brand new 2013 Impala with 29 miles. The steering wheel shakes from left to right going down the freeway about 60 plus. I have had the balance rotated and balanced three times twice by the dealership. The problem is still there. then we were told by the shop foreman that that's just the characteristics of the vehicle. Bull s***. So now I'm stuck with this god damn vehicle and don't know what to do about it. This is my very first brand new car for me and my wife. Very unhappy campers. When going for a test drive with the foreman he tells me that it's the rubber base asphalt. Again b*******. I told him I don't give a f*** if its plastic glass or whatevere that were driving on it still should not have a shimmy or a vibration in steering well that goes from left to right. Then he tells me yeah he can feel the vibration but he doesn't know how to fix it. So is there anybody in here they can give me some advice on what I should do. Thank you very much. Jason from phoenix az.

·
Super Moderator
10,950 Posts
Recently me and my wife just purchased a brand new 2013 Impala with 29 miles. The steering wheel shakes from left to right going down the freeway about 60 plus. I have had the balance rotated and balanced three times twice by the dealership. The problem is still there. then we were told by the shop foreman that that's just the characteristics of the vehicle. Bull s***. So now I'm stuck with this god damn vehicle and don't know what to do about it. This is my very first brand new car for me and my wife. Very unhappy campers. When going for a test drive with the foreman he tells me that it's the rubber base asphalt. Again b*******. I told him I don't give a f*** if its plastic glass or whatevere that were driving on it still should not have a shimmy or a vibration in steering well that goes from left to right. Then he tells me yeah he can feel the vibration but he doesn't know how to fix it. So is there anybody in here they can give me some advice on what I should do. Thank you very much. Jason from phoenix az.
I would have guessed bad tire(s) broken cords, or something like that but you have had the tires rotated and it is unlikely that all 4 are bad, but who knows. Bent wheel is another thing but that should have showed up on the balance.
Your right in assuming that the shop foreman does not know what he speaks of and I think I would go to a different dealership for a second opinion. There is a GM customer service rep on this forum that will no doubt see your post and post an invitation for you to contact her. ( I believe her name is Sara now as Katie has recently departed) She may be a resource for you to go through. The car should not shake from left to right.

Really not sure if you are actually "stuck with the vehicle" I am led to believe there are lemon laws in the US and this sounds like you have had issues from brand new. How many miles on it now ?

HTH

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
X2 take it to another dealer and contact GM rep here on the forum also better business and put in a complaint against this crap ass dealer.
Also let us know the dealers name we have a few member in Az. So they may know a good dealer to help.

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
welcome fellow arizonian!

What dealer did you purchase the car from? I say take it to another dealer and get another inspection like others insisted.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
welcome fellow arizonian!

What dealer did you purchase the car from? I say take it to another dealer and get another inspection like others insisted.
See it works :eek:k3:

Reactions: 1impalavision1

·
3,934 Posts
It worked only bcuz you messaged me, saying to post in this thread. Woke me up from my sleep and everything. :lol: :giggle:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
It worked only bcuz you messaged me, saying to post in this thread. Woke me up from my sleep and everything. :lol: :giggle:
If were only true that I had that kind of power, muhaaaaaaa!
Sorry been around Tony to long. :beer::eek:k3:

Reactions: tonyc712000

·
3,934 Posts
You might have that power and don't even know. Or u know and don't wana use it :giggle: :beer:

Tony over abuses his.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
No comment :beer::beer::lol:

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Jason,

I do understand how this can be frustrating. I would like to look into your situation. Can you please private message me your VIN and the name of your Certified GM dealership you have been working with? Thank you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Super Moderator
10,950 Posts
Sorry ! It's Erica not Sara.

I had 2 letters right though

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts

Attachments

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,950 Posts
Is that a "spanking" or a good ol east side beating?

juss wonderin thass all juss wonderin

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm glad that I found this post so that I now know I'm not going crazy like GM customer relations has made me feel lately. I bought my car at the end of June and experienced the EXACT same thing and only bought the car under the conditions that the "vibrations" would be fixed. I was assured that it was probably just a wheel balancing issue and they would take care of it(which I thought they did). I'm only posting on here in hopes that the GM rep who asked you to private message her will see this and I can start up a dialogue with her as well. As of today the person who is supposed to be handling my case hasn't returned my phone calls(was supposed to receive a call back between 2:00 - 4:30 yesterday: 8/27/2013).

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Hi nemerovr,

We definitely don't want you to feel like you're going crazy over this situation, and apologize if other contacts has caused you to feel this way. We will gladly look into your case to see if any progress has been made towards addressing this issue. Please PM us your VIN and name and we'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Amber N. (assisting Erica)
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I don't know about everyone else, but that made me feel special.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts