Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I just purchased a new 2012 impala ls and got a phenomenal deal on it (Service loaner). While the price was the main reason I bought it, I absolutely love the way it rides and how quickly it gets up to speed when you really get on it. The only things that I don't like about the car are the dull brakes and the lackadaisical response from the drive-by-wire system which made it feel like I was trying to pull away with the parking brake engaged. Anyway, I love the car and can't wait to pick it up later this week.:eek:k3:

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Lots of good aftermarket stuff for handling and braking like Strut Tower Braces (STBs), better Rotors/Pads (ie. EBC/Hawk).

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
as it learns your driving style it gets better, mine did anyway.

Welcome also

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Welcome!!! :beer: Now, lets not forget PICTURES, OK? LOTS of pichres.....LOTS!!!! Inside, outside, underneath, ALL over!! :cool::dizzy:

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
3-6, welcome to the forum! If you would ever like a copy of your Impala's build sheet or if you have any vehicle questions, don't hesitate to send me a private message anytime.

And as tonyc mentioned...pics would be fantastic! :happy7:

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
54 Posts
You will love you 2012 . We have had ours 1year May2nd I could have got a better deal if I was willing to not have to have LTZ but we still have 02 LEVEL we bought new that I drive everyday. I just knew we would most likely keep it long term and the 18 " wheels just won my heart.I wanted Black or White with black leather.I bought GM lease car with 17 k for $20,900' So far no buyers remorse.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Welcome to the forum! And about said pics.....

·
Registered
222 Posts
I bought mine new, as I have had bad luck with lease returns and loaners.

The drive-by throttle does adapt to your driving style. At first, it felt like our Impala was missing 3 cylinders off idle. After about 2,000 km, it now responds quite well.

Took the brakes a good 3,000km to fully break in. I think the car has good brakes. Maybe try bleeding them?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts