Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased (three days ago) a one owner clean 04 Black Impala SS with 109K miles. I don't even know if the SS's were made available in different colors? :lol:

I still need to thoroughly check the car out and do all the maintenance so I know when,what, how things were done. I will be doing the R&R myself.

The only Mod I did see was a K&N under the hood. Need to check and verify what's inside the box?

1. Need to replace or remove the Wind Deflectors as I'm missing both rears. Undecided whether I like the look or not. :dizzy:
2. Possible changing of the struts. Heard a few squeaks.
3. Check bushings
4. Replace Headlight Bulbs. Would like to get some nice HID's but don't want the cheap set's either so may have to save up a little.
5. Change wheels down the road to something else.
6. Replace some Interior Bulbs, including the radio (Hopefully that can be done)?

May add more to the list once I have fully inspected it over the weekend. I did test drive it but did not have a chance to do a more in depth inspection.

I will be doing some searching/reading through the forum. May end up posting for some assistance if I'm unable to find the answers I'm looking for.

By the way, I don't have any plans to mod the car (more Power). Just want a nice comfortable ride. I have two other cars already that would put a whippin to this car (TurboCharged Power)
:coolpics:

My other one, Grand National, is currently being rebuilt just about from the ground up. Expect that Motor to put out about 550-600 HP.

Cheers,

Dannyo

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts
Welcome!!! :beer: I love the 7th Gen SS! You have TWO other cars???
OK, we got the pic of the buick, but, as far as the other 2.....
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!:giggle:

·
Banned
667 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased (three days ago) a one owner clean 04 Black Impala SS with 109K miles. I don't even know if the SS's were made available in different colors? :lol:
Yes black,blue,Silverstone Metallic and red

other colors besides black are less common and more rarer

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Welcome! Nice buick indeed. You say turbocharged power like its somehow better than supercharged though... These SS's can be pretty damn quick with a few mods.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
welcome, nice gn

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! Nice buick indeed. You say turbocharged power like its somehow better than supercharged though... These SS's can be pretty damn quick with a few mods.
I have raced other heavy Modded 3800's (Supercharged). Many Buick's out there with the same motor. Yes they are quick and know you can be up against a sleeper. But, that goes the same for the Turbo Buicks.

Unfortunately, still think a Turbocharged setup is better than a Supercharged one! Irregardless in what vehicle.

Don't mean any disrespect to any Members on this site or their rides.:beer:

Dannyo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes black,blue,Silverstone Metallic and red

other colors besides black are less common and more rarer
Well that's probably why I didn't seem to run into any other color when I was looking around to buy a car. I would have preferred the Silverstone. Black is a mother to keep up with.

Dannyo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome!!! :beer: I love the 7th Gen SS! You have TWO other cars???
OK, we got the pic of the buick, but, as far as the other 2.....
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!:giggle:
Well the GN is apart in pratically pieces. It's a T-Top and I need to get the front T-Top section replaced. All T-Tops are notorious for Rot. :yikes:

I will take Pics of the Impala this week and post.

Dannyo

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I wouldn't say either is necessarily superior, each has it good and bad points. But I think mainly the thing here is that the stock supercharger isn't all that big, you can drop pulley sizes, but it doesn't have the volume that the old turbo did. If there were a larger aftermarket blower, that would be cool... But, the Buick is also rwd, which is an automatic win!

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Nice GN but, would love to see the SS. Not very many around and I would love to see another.

Basics for the SS:

1. Check all fluids (obv)
2. Replace dexcool coolant with prestone (possibly get a flush)
3. Trans fluid and filter replacement (do every 30-50k miles)
4. Apply dielectric grease to all external electrical connections (esp abs sensors)
5. Replace Thermostat and gasket
6. Replace brake fluid (dirty brake fluid will cause abs pump/valve failure's)
7. Inspect all spark plugs and wires
8. Hmm anyone else have more to add?

Upgrades:

1. Fenderwell or Cold air intake
2. ZZP 1.0 PCM or overkill tune
3. Exhaust

These 3800's love more Air and Exhaust but, not too much (2.5" max exhaust and 4" max intake tube)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice GN but, would love to see the SS. Not very many around and I would love to see another.

Basics for the SS:

1. Check all fluids (obv)
2. Replace dexcool coolant with prestone (possibly get a flush)
3. Trans fluid and filter replacement (do every 30-50k miles)
4. Apply dielectric grease to all external electrical connections (esp abs sensors)
5. Replace Thermostat and gasket
6. Replace brake fluid (dirty brake fluid will cause abs pump/valve failure's)
7. Inspect all spark plugs and wires
8. Hmm anyone else have more to add?

Upgrades:

1. Fenderwell or Cold air intake
2. ZZP 1.0 PCM or overkill tune
3. Exhaust

These 3800's love more Air and Exhaust but, not too much (2.5" max exhaust and 4" max intake tube)
I plan to do all the above maintenance as I don't have any records when the last time they were done.

As for upgrades, I would not mind doing the three listed however, what I don't want is for the exhaust to throne while cruising. Need to do more research and reading.

Question, how can one tell what is the interior color? I have a beige type color and wondering if there any codes that can be found on the car?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
:welcome: :coolpics:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
If only we could see the SS :bang:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Nice