Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to wait till I got bucket seats but driving around with no sounds is awful, especially when your drive is 30miles one way

This set up is temporary until I get some bucket seats

Here are some pictures.

I wanted cup holders for sure. So I bought some from wal mart and cut them up to what I wanted, flush mounted them and than bondoed them in.

I also wanted to have my ipod right there also, even though I control it with my radio and never have to touch my ipod I did it this way for the fun of it and it looks cool.

Im not ready to do kick panels or door speakers so I put one on each side of the console, flush mounted them and did a 3D design just for fun.

The plug you see in the picture above is the quick disconnect plug I made(it will be hidden). I dont have an alarm on it yet and I dont bother locking my doors I wanted a way i could remove it at night.

Black is ground, red is acc and blue is 12volt(ran out of yellow). The other little switch on the back is the bypass for the dvd player.

Like I said this one is temporary until I can get me some bucket seats.
The real one will be molded to the dash, fiberglassed, holding a double din and will extend from the front dash to the front of the rear seats.

Overall I am happy with this center console but I cant wait to make the next one after I get some buckets(when ever that is)

Lets hear what you think
Later
Bernie

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i like it ill prob be doing something similar to my starfire
but ive thoight about a custom setup like that for the caprice to
ur fiberglass work looks good !!!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
How long did that project take? Seems nuts to do all that for something temporary, but maybe you are more proficient with that sort of thing than I am...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long did that project take? Seems nuts to do all that for something temporary, but maybe you are more proficient with that sort of thing than I am...
Between the two days I worked on it about 12hours but that doesnt count the 2hours I spent shopping for the cup holders. lol
I do car audio for a living so to do something like this as a temporary set up is like practice or honing my skills so to speak. Besides that I just love doing car audio projects.
Besides once I do the final center console I could prob sell this one to someone else.
Later
Bernie

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I checked out your albums, thats some nice work. Inspiring :smile: now when I ever find some spare time I may actually make a box for my subs that I've been meaning to do for... about 8 years now.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked out your albums, thats some nice work. Inspiring :smile: now when I ever find some spare time I may actually make a box for my subs that I've been meaning to do for... about 8 years now.
Thanks man I appreciate that.
I learn something new everytime I do a new project, its really fun to me
Thanks again
Bernie

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey its better than cutting up your original dash bravo!!!! good job sir
Yeah i plan on finding a stock 64 radio and putting it in the stock spot and replacing the stock speaker and making them work also. Than once I get buckets I will make a custom fitted console under the stock that goes all the way to the rear seats.

Thanks
Bernie

·
Registered
86 Posts
Man, if i didnt what a floor shifter i would do something like that... well maybe i still can i would just have to loss the cup holders

Thats realy good work, i would hire you if you where in my area

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am looking to do something like this for my 67 impala but i dont have any experience with fiberglass, how much do you think it would cost me to have a shop make one for me?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
By the looks of that, I think you could move the head unit up, push the cupholders forward and get a shifter in there.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
By the looks of that, I think you could move the head unit up, push the cupholders forward and get a shifter in there.
It had a 4spd in it when i got it. I took it out and put an automatic TH350 in. I want to be able to cruise in my wagon so I opted for an auto
Later
Bernie

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man, if i didnt what a floor shifter i would do something like that... well maybe i still can i would just have to loss the cup holders

Thats realy good work, i would hire you if you where in my area
Thanks man
Bernie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts