Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've got a 2006 impala ss 5.3. Now I'm shopping for a harmonic balancer, few months ago my power steering leak caused my belt to shred belt got wrapped around the harmonic balancer killing my crank seal... then I made some cuts and managed to get the balancer off and replaced the seal, reassembled it and noticed the balancer wobbling.. drove it and could feel heavy vibration on acceleration.. so where can I find ac Delco 12635650 cheaper than 179 and some change.. that's ridiculous for a stock part cost that much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been looking all over. Some websites say they're "cheaper". But then give a run around how to get it. One site said I could get it near me for 130 to 140 from a gm dealership but got no confirmation from them.
Funniest one asked for the gm employees social security number lol! I was hoping there was a gm rep on here who looks at these and could help me

·
Registered
590 Posts
I just google the part number and look for the cheapest credible source where it isn't too far away so as to raise shipping.

Some places will say their price is say, 1/3 of list, but then you look for a way to contact them and there isn't even a phone number or street address.

It's nice to be able to call before you order, if you are unsure of the application you are trying to get.

Some places will ask for the VIN to help them be sure that you are getting what you need.

The last place flat out said you are dealing with so and so Chevy dealer, so I google the name and found it was KY.

I look for the best price I can find that has some actual physical presence, and these are dealers who are trying to undercut GM by going for the online business pricing.

Some places look like a complete scam.

I've ordered from VA , MI and KY before.

In the 'old' days, I could get GM employee pricing locally, but they cut that out after the Bankruptcy. GM list price on parts is ridiculous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts