Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some 22" big homies for my 95 impala SS. I need to know how to center the wheels cause they are to close to the body. I put on some Caddy heavy duty springs and new shock absorbers. I had to heat the springs in the rear to lower the car cause it was sitting like a hotrod. What are my options to a perfectly centered wheel all the way around. Also, should I heat the front to bring them down a bit to?

·
Registered
17 Posts
#1 heating springs is a TERRIBLE idea. if you want the car lower, put the SS springs back on.

#2 unless you are running a MONSTER size tire, 22"s dont rub much on b-bodys, even when lowered, even lower than SS stock height.

#3 when you say "center" the wheels... do u mean side to side, or front to back?

because some people have issues in the rear with the wheels being pushed too far forward, and u have to trim the plastic wheel molding. as for the front, most people dont have issues unless they are at full lock during a turn.

post some pics if you have any. and list your tire size

·
Registered
14 Posts
#1 heating springs is a TERRIBLE idea. if you want the car lower, put the SS springs back on.

#3 when you say "center" the wheels... do u mean side to side, or front to back?
#1 +1

#3 +1

If your main concern is the rear wheels being too far forward, that's a normal thing for 91-96 B-bodies. You need extended control arms, longer 5th brake hose, and possibly a longer driveshaft to center those wheels. (The driveshaft usually isn't required)

As far as those springs, I would get rid of them ASAP. Chances are good you ruined them by heating them up. Spring steel is a funny thing.

You should be able to look up the springs you need in the moog catalog and order them at autozone to save shipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts