superchip I think the hp increase would be around 45. My question is will the
superchip change my activefuel managment system? Which c.a.i. and exast
do you recomend?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bolt on hp

Will any bolt on hp diengage my ativefuel managment system? With out going nuts like ( turbo/supercharger) What bolt on products do you Recomend.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
most LSx will work (except headers/body specific parts) theres a few things out there to tune your car (diablo comes to mid) a few co's will tune the PCM,

The CAI, you can prob make a decent one yourself for 1/2 the price (google hi tempo silicone couplers and prebent alum intake tube)

Cam, LSx cams wont work b/c of your DoD, not saying it you changed your lifters and tuned out DoD you couldnt install a MS4, but Im not 100% positive either way

you MAY be able to get away w/ 1.9 roller rockers, but again, unsure b/c of the DoD.

I guess it all depends on how much work you can do yourself/how much you want to spend..

General rule, stay away from "chips/piggy back system"
the engine you have is a LS2, the only difference I am aware of (from other LSx blocks) is the dod (lifters are controlled by pcm) and your crank is 13mm shorter 9i think in the front for fender clearence issues)

hope some of that info helps...

btw, you can "flip" LS1 intakes to work on your car AFAIK, but the ls1 fuel rails wont work, dont know if a FAST intake will mate to your fuel rail or not...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your chip joke was good but looking for some real answers.
cheep bolt on hp that will not mess up my activefuel mang syst.
any advice?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
DoD is over rated ;)
any decent tune will most likely eliminate it anyway, the only itme its really used is when the cruise is set...

Intake & exh is a good palce to start but modding and cheap dont go together unless you dont like your car ;)

·
Banned
351 Posts
I know this thread is aging, and I think we may have scared Henry away (if you cant handle the heat... well, you know the saying) but here are my thoughts on this conversation.

-A cold air intake is a good idea, but no, nothing cheap. If you want a good one plan on spending at least 200, and if you are crafty, make one yourself. But plan accordingly because the exhaust (hottness) is about 5 inches from where the airbox is.

-A Tune does not remove the DOD, and no it is not overrated. I actually spend 65% (yes thats a measurable FACT) of my driving time in 4 cyl mode. Even with my foot gently on the gas going 80, Im in 4 cyl mode. For those who are curious, you can never tell that you are transitioning from 4 to 8 cyl unless u are reading it on the cluster. Its a seamless transition that does not affect performance when needed... IMHO

-PCM tuning is the best bang for your buck. I have yet to do this, but when I do I will likely go with superchips or diablo. Best description ive heard is that it "wakes up your engine."

-I highly recommend an exhaust upgrade to tame the mom factor a little bit. If nothing else, a louder exhaust reminds you that your not driving moms impala.

If you make those modifications, it will keep you happy until other options become available. Unfortunatly for now, there are not many.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts