Impala Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a few questions.

I have a 01 Ls 3.8

1: Where is everyone getting their oem parts new from.?

2: What kinda led or bright bulbs will work good for my headlights?

3: Is a proformance exhaust really worth getting? I'm considering putting a dual exhaulst on since mine is leaking.

4: is a cold air intake worth getting?

Do you have to spend the money to get oem parts and or have people had success with after market parts.?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Answers in blue (hopefully) :)
Rockauto.com or 1aauto.com have the best prices around online plus rockauto has a 5% off everything coupon all the time.

Unfortunately there aren't any good bright bulbs for the stock reflector headlights. The brightest output is HIDs in projectors. I am running LEDs in the stock reflectors currently, and it's decent, but I had to cut up the headlight to make room for the honkin big cooling fan.

3: Is a proformance exhaust really worth getting? I'm considering putting a dual exhaulst on since mine is leaking.
Dual exhaust sounds and looks cool but you won't really feel a difference unless you are putting out tons of horsepower. Single is cheaper for sure, but I really like my duals :)

Cold air is important, but unobstructed smooth airflow is much more important. Check out vendor Will with Overkill Motorsports. :: Overkill Motorsports :: He has a good, inexpensive intake option for the 7th gens.

Do you have to spend the money to get oem parts and or have people had success with after market parts.?
Most aftermarket parts are good quality, but I tend to err toward the higher quality aftermarket such as moog and timkin, which are sometimes cheaper than OEM. Dorman has some decent options as well.
Hope this helps. Feel free to keep asking questions! Any pics of the ride?

Reactions: Revo2Maxx2016

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can take pics tomorrow if we don't get hit with a huge storm ..can you recommend a dual exhaust system with a straight pipe?

I checked the guys website and don't see anywhere I can buy kits.

You see anyone have success with after headlights? I was looking at a few

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I ran a ZZP catless downpipe with super 44s for a while, but the highway drone got annoying really fast. Once I stuck the resonator in there it helped a ton.
http://www.getoverkilled.ca/3800parts.html for the intake.
I tried spec-d headlights for a little bit but they leaked and condensed inside the headlight. They've been hit or miss. Some people haven't had a problem while others have had a real go around making them work.

·
Registered
776 Posts
So I have a few questions.

I have a 01 Ls 3.8

Rockauto.com or ZZP may have better aftermarket versons

GTR Lighting and have had 0 issues

I don't have experience with them

IMO no

I do a mixture of both. Do your research on whatever you're getting but ZZP is a great aftermarket parts source

·
Registered
3 Posts
Philips 9005 and 9006

make sure you get the ones made with the white plastic...
the glass bulb stem is ever so slightly longer and the light hits all the right spots in the stock housing

i get about 500 feet with the high beams
about 250 feet on the low beams

I can run both the HIGH and low(quad headlight mod) at the same time without blind people on the other side of the road since the aim is Perfect straight ahead with these bulbs
with a cut off at the trunk line of other cars (while the cut off for others is in the trees) i dont blind the people in front of me

and not all over the place like other bulbs

if you have the stock autosystem fog light you can run 55watt bulbs in them with out issuse as well

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So can you guys recommend some part brand based on the parts my car currently needs?

Don't want to pay OEM prices if I don't have to.

Egr Valve
Spark Plugs and Spark Plug Wires
Coolant Sensor
o2 sensor

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Philips 9005 and 9006

make sure you get the ones made with the white plastic...
the glass bulb stem is ever so slightly longer and the light hits all the right spots in the stock housing

i get about 500 feet with the high beams
about 250 feet on the low beams

I can run both the HIGH and low(quad headlight mod) at the same time without blind people on the other side of the road since the aim is Perfect straight ahead with these bulbs
with a cut off at the trunk line of other cars (while the cut off for others is in the trees) i dont blind the people in front of me

and not all over the place like other bulbs

if you have the stock autosystem fog light you can run 55watt bulbs in them with out issuse as well
Where did you get your bulbs?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
check out rockauto.com. i think there is even a discount code somewhere on here from a member within the past month. or google rockauto discount codes. they have many parts to choose from and rate them as far as daily driver or economy so you know what class of part you're getting. i've used them several times and always had a great experience. i will forewarn, read the fine print. i didn't realize i needed a pigtail electrical plug and missed the boat on that one, i won't do that again...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts