Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my 01 the headlights are cracked on the inside so its time to get them replaced. The local junk yard can get me a pair for 160, ebay is half the price or should i get projection lenses? Need some input

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Holy hell $160 for 10 year old headlights? What are they smoking.

I bet if you are dilligent in your search, you can find them for $25 a piece on ebay. stay away from projectors unless you dont care about seeing at night, or if you have stick on fender vents... theyll look good with stick on fender vents....

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
stay away from projectors unless you dont care about seeing at night, or if you have stick on fender vents... theyll look good with stick on fender vents....

:lol: developed a hatred for a certain look have we? :lol:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
LOL actually I like projectors... when theyre done right. Like factory projector headlights.... unfortunatley, a lot this aftermarket crap people are seeing on eBay is just that... CRAP.

Not trying to be an ass, thats just my advice. Ive spent big bucks on projectors hoping for something ok and was so dissapointed that they only spent 48 hours on my car before I canned em.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
LOL actually I like projectors... when theyre done right. Like factory projector headlights.... unfortunatley, a lot this aftermarket crap people are seeing on eBay is just that... CRAP.
I couldn't agree more. I would really like a stock looking setup with projectors instead of the bulbs, stock turn signal, without the l.e.d.'s and the wonky orange reflector. That appears to be too much to ask for. I've seen some crafty people retrofit their stock headlights with projector pieces, but that's way out of my league.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts