Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering buying a supercharged 1995 impala ss for $5000. It has 80,000 miles, i am 18 and dont really know about superchargers im not a racing fanatic. Are superchargers the ones that do the whistle noise? How expensive are these to maintain? What does it do to gas mileage? The impala only gets about 20mpg and i dont want to spend my paychecks on gas. Should i buy it? Its $5000 with a vortex supercharger and 22 inch rims, the guys says that the only problem is that it drains the battery super fast. Should i go for it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
20mpg where did you get that from, Sh!t I only get 13mpg and mines is stock with some add-ons. Battery drain really fast need more info on this

·
Registered
113 Posts
Battery shouldn't drain when the car is running...the alternator should be keeping it up. Also, a supercharger, as with most performance modifications, will decrease the life of your engine. Superchargers also force more air into the cylinder...which would do nothing if the engine wasn't also programmed to put more gas in the cylinder as well...so it would definitely decrease gas mileage. I'd say beware of buying vehicles that other people have modified...lots of times they're selling them because they modified it poorly and don't want to deal with it anymore.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Battery shouldn't drain when the car is running...the alternator should be keeping it up. Also, a supercharger, as with most performance modifications, will decrease the life of your engine. Superchargers also force more air into the cylinder...which would do nothing if the engine wasn't also programmed to put more gas in the cylinder as well...so it would definitely decrease gas mileage. I'd say beware of buying vehicles that other people have modified...lots of times they're selling them because they modified it poorly and don't want to deal with it anymore.
+.02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts