Impala Forums banner

Need help with finding right amp

5K views 39 replies 8 participants last post by  g25racer 
#1 ·
Hello!

I want to put new speakers and amp in my impala. I just got new Kenwood Head Unit and im about to get this speakers :
Pyle 6.5" Custom Gear Component Kit and
Sony Xplod XS-R6944 6" x 9" 4-Way Speakers

I got 2 questions:
1. I need to find an amp. I don know how to choose an amp..
2. Will probably put everything together by myself. Have no idea how, but think that ill figure it out... If you have any links that will help me install everything, please post it down.

Thanks.

#6 ·
I got that Pyle kit last night already....

I have like $100-150 more.

I didnt buy any wires neither.

I will probably buy Pioneer TS-A6964R Open Box to go with Pyle.

now i need the amp and wires for 100$ both. Possible???

I go from the factory speakers, so if you mean that ill be disapointed in sound quality, i dont think so, it will be 100% better than it was... =)

#10 ·
My hifonics is kicking butt. No problems at all and a heck of a deal.

2nd staying away from anything pyle, boss, or dual

knukonceptz makes some great wiring kits for a reasonable price too. The wire connectors suck as in most wiring kits but, I went down to the local hardware and bought "pure" copper ones. Cant beat pure copper.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?category=Amp%20Installation%20Kits

I had a power wire let loose on my sub and it shorted on the sub and blew the fuse. Instead of getting a new fuse I bought a breaker. Yes, they make breakers for audio setups. Best $20 I have spent. Next time it shorts or I overload the system all I have to do is switch the breaker.

#11 ·
I got next items:
Pyle 6.5 inch Kit
Crunch Power Zone PZA900.4 4 Channel Amplifier 115 x 4 @ 4 OHMS, 225 x 4 @ 2 OHMS - 450 x 2 @ 4 OHMS with Illuminated Badge
IMC Audio 4 Gauge Power Wire Amp Amplifier Install Kit Red 2 Yr Warranty

and i dont have enough money for my 6x9's =)

I could take Pyle Kit back to wallmart and get something else, but can I get anything similar for the same price????

Will get 6x9's anyways next week I think.. When Ill get paid =)

Probably will get Pioneer TS-A6964R (TSA6964R) 400W 6" x 9" 3-Way Car Speaker.

Now, I looked up some videos on youtube how to install all this, but can find a video for impala 03...

If anybody has a link please post it over , will be very helpfull.

Thank You all!

#13 ·
#14 ·
I highly recommend you spend a minimum of $30-40 on a wiring kit. Any less and it WILL be junk guaranteed! I always recommend buying a more powerful/expensive amp than you think you want. You dont ever want to underpower a sub b/c your amp will struggle, overheat, and the quality will sound like crap. Spend close to double on your amp compared to the sub and you will be happy! In my experience buying a used sub is much better than buying new. New subs you have to break in and used subs have already seen the abuse and have obv been broken in.

Edit: Sell the pyle's on ebay! Somebody will overpay and not even know it

#15 ·
i skipped straight down so forgive if i missed something lol. Ok the IMC maybe cheap but when you get it and compare to a real AWG wire it will end up being more like a 5-6gauge wire if that! on the missing out rear speakers i usually add the money i would waste on the back speakers and beef up the front speakers. i leave the stock 6x9's just to have some rear fill for who ever is in the back but other then that if you have good speakers your front stage should be good

#17 ·
also if you are looking into buying cheaper stuff and dont mind buying used. buy from this place, Car Audio at CarAudio.com i usually get most of my speakers from there. As in all website and ebay make sure the rating of the seller is good before buying lol. AND NEVER GIFT on paypal
I personally would never buy used electronics online. Stick to craigslist or friends.

#19 ·
^^ The best spot to run the power wires for the amp to the battery is under the passenger side front carpet. Remove the passenger side kick panel (2 clips you pinch) and pull the carpet up. There is a rubber boot/seal that you can run it through. It comes out near the oil filter on the firewall. I just drilled a hole through the boot (be careful not to get near the other wires), ran the wire, filled with expansion foam or silicon.

#21 ·
dont get sony. or maxxsonics products. terrible customer service from maxxsonics. and sony xplods suck. they take parts of speakers and such from other companies that dont meet there standards and sony uses them in there speakers and such. junk.

#23 ·
i instaled everything but the power wire...
i found that rubber block you were talking about, but i cant run it through that rubber hose.. i cant look under the car from up under the wheel because there re some kind of plastic or rubber parts around the wheel, that i cant take off... They look like they are glued.

The wire wont even go in that hose because its so tight, so i dont know how to get there from up under the hood.. or if i could just drill another hole somewhere...?

#25 ·
Do you have the "remote trigger wire" wired up to a 12v source that comes on with the key?

#26 ·
test the remote wire by jumping from the main power wire to the remote wire. just take a 2 inch piece of scrap wire strip a bit off of each end and hold it from power to remote. If you are grounded good it should power up

#27 ·
^^ 10-4 easy way to find out. He likely just doesn't have something hooked up correct.

#28 ·
If its a cheap wiring kit the fuse holder may not be getting a good connection on the main power wire. I've had it happen with walmart install kits. I just spend the extra money on a quality install kit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.