Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 07 lt im having a few problems in trying to modify it one i can not find ANY ENGINE MODS from gm second i am in the middle of doing sound mods but im not familar with this body style so i have no idea g=how to remove the factory radio or door panels to install my components or new radio any ino will be helpful

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
im pretty sure its not an easy task to install an aftermrket radio in the 7th gens just go to the 7th gen page theres been alot of threads from flip out dvds to sub connection:biggrin:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an 06 Lt and i have installed an after market double din in dash player and removed the door speakers and switched those out as well.

Its honestly the easiest car i have worked on for the head unit. The trim where your radio is just pops off. I have the wood grain on mine so its pretty easy to determine the outline. Make sure you disconnect the passenger airbag sensor that plugs into the Radio trim. After you remove that there are 6 screws that have to be removed, First remove the bottom two screws (the ones that hold the the a/c control) so this way the a/c controls can drop down some and you can pull out the radio. Next remove the other 4 screws holding the radio and pull that out and disconnect the antenna and the wiring harness from the back of the head unit and you are done wit that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts